Recomend upgrade from shure e500
May 31, 2013 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pcharouz

100+ Head-Fier
About 6 years ago, i was looking to get some new headphones, here is the thread just for kicks:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/194338/what-headphones-to-get

I purchased shure e500s right after that thread. I still have the bose headphones, although upgraded to qc15 for 50$ at a bose store, the qc 15s are decent for a high noise areas, no mather what anyone here says :D

The shure e500 sound amazing, but i have a issue with them, if i wear them for more then 2-3 hours, my ears start to hurt a little, and i have to take em out for a bit. 

Anyways, 6 years gone by, and I am looking for some new headgear, i got 3 ideas, but am open to any recomendations (No budget, but good price/value ratio!)

my requirements are
-portability (must fit messenger bag, and be powered by iphone/ipad)
-high quality (want them to last)
-sound, (i like deep lows, and dont like too harsh sounding highs)
-uses: plane, car, studying, nightlistening in bed, watching movies on ipad

ideas:
-Purchase custom molded earphones, ue, unique melody miracle, ect.. 
-Reshell my e500s to a custom mold for $100ish (is it worth it?)
-Buy some nice portable headphones (V-moda m80?)

Jun 4, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #3 of 5
it seems like i would have the same problem with the 535 (similar shape, and for me the same unconfortable tips), i know they sound a little better, but are their drivers different, or is it just the acustics?

Right now, i am debeting wheter to go with the unique miracle reshell, and where to add any drivers/how many in the process. Any tips?

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
I know shure ha a exchange program were you send on the old iems and its 240.00 and get a pair of 535 if you were interested in those.

What? How do I get in on that?

Jul 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #5 of 5
ask your local shure dealer, they should help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back