Recomend to me a good binaural recording.
Jan 2, 2006 at 11:07 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Senn20
I don't think Pearl Jam's Binaural is a true binaural recording. I sounds like they used ambient micing techniques to make it sound spacious. Still, it does have a nice "live" feel to it.

EDIT: Listening to "Binaural" right now and so far only track 8 sounds really binaural-y.

the album can take some time to grow on you but i think it is one of the best ever recorded, musically and lyrically. supposedly only 2 of the tracks are recorded in true binaural fashion, of the girl, and the other i'm not sure of-i would guess slight of hand or parting ways though.

Jan 2, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #17 of 20
Jan 2, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #18 of 20
Jan 3, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by lloyd braun
the album can take some time to grow on you but i think it is one of the best ever recorded, musically and lyrically. supposedly only 2 of the tracks are recorded in true binaural fashion, of the girl, and the other i'm not sure of-i would guess slight of hand or parting ways though.

Oh, the songwriting is top-notch. I was just pointing out that most of the album isn't binaural.

Jan 3, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Senn20
I don't think Pearl Jam's Binaural is a true binaural recording. I sounds like they used ambient micing techniques to make it sound spacious. Still, it does have a nice "live" feel to it.

EDIT: Listening to "Binaural" right now and so far only track 8 sounds really binaural-y.

Thats too bad, I haven't yet heard it. A friend of mine was telling me about it an he said that the who album was recorded using a binaural head. He must have been wrong however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back