Quote:

Originally Posted by Czilla9000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ocarina.

x2, if only to play the 'Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time' songs
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #18 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are lots of inexpensive Theramin kits, so if you are willing to build one, you might be able to get started for not very much money.

How about the Kalimba? I stumbled across some vids on YouTube, and was amazed at how much can be done with this rather unassuming looking little instrument. When it is amplified, the possibilites multiply. Check out the sample below.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I've always liked the kalimba and actually have one. I love the sound, however I am looking for something with a 2+ octave range.

Jun 28, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #19 of 59
maybe one of those Blue Man Group instruments? Easy to DIY too.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

you'll really need more people to really enjoy one though.

Jun 28, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #20 of 59
The hammered dulcimer is a pretty odd and also nice sounding instrument.
The only time I've heard one performed is in the piece Háry János by Zoltán Kodály, it's really... pretty.

That Blue Man Group video is pretty odd too
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #25 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The hammered dulcimer is a pretty odd and also nice sounding instrument.
The only time I've heard one performed is in the piece Háry János by Zoltán Kodály, it's really... pretty.

That Blue Man Group video is pretty odd too
tongue.gif

Never listened to Dead Can Dance? Dulcimer is one of their comment instruments and is in many of their songs. I believe Lisa Gerard even used it in some of the Gladiator soundtrack.

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #28 of 59
Didgeridoo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back