Rechargeable Batteries for Total BitHead
Mar 19, 2011 at 11:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ofsahf

New Head-Fier
I have a TotalBitHead and was wondering if anyone has had success with a certain brand of rechargeable AAA battery in these. I noticed there's a lot of discussion & recommendation for use in a CMOY amp but those use 9V, not AAA. I use mine solely off the computer for many hours a day so buying 8 batteries/week doesn't strike me as a good plan.

Mar 21, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #2 of 5
You could try a site called Budget Batteries, look at the GP rechargeables and get the highest NIMH You can get. As long as You can recharge them or check with HeadRoom if You are not sure?  These are outstanding batteries.
atsmile.gif

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #3 of 5
I have a TotalBitHead and was wondering if anyone has had success with a certain brand of rechargeable AAA battery in these. I noticed there's a lot of discussion & recommendation for use in a CMOY amp but those use 9V, not AAA. I use mine solely off the computer for many hours a day so buying 8 batteries/week doesn't strike me as a good plan.

Sanyo Eneloop. They are great and don't run down when not in use, always ready to go with a full charge. They even come fully charged!

For a charger I use the La Cross BC-700U.

I highly recommend both.

Mar 24, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 5
I have a Total Bithead that I use on the USB cable most of the time.  However I run it off of there batteries and they work just fine:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/aaa10hicanir.html

I use the same brand in AA as well and they work just fine.  I am using a charger by Rayovac that I am not sure they even make any more.  It charges NiCad, nickel metal hydroxide, and alkalines.  You will be fine with these batteries if price is a concern.  I am not sure how long the amp runs on them as I have yet to deplete a set.

Mar 31, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #5 of 5
the bithead ban be powered by the usb cord, why are you wasting batterys?

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back