Recently acquired Sennheiser IE8...need suggestions!
Jul 5, 2009 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

rimmonhouse

New Head-Fier
The case it comes with is pretty nifty looking, but supremely impractical, so I'm looking for a new case. I need something small and light, that I can pack my IE8's into quickly, without feeling like I'm almost breaking them every time. What do you IEM owners do when you're commuting? I assume wrapping them around my Ipod is the dangerous method. What's the convenient and safe thing to do? I'd love to hear people's suggestions.

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 16
Westone Clam Shell Great for the new Westone 3 - eBay (item 250346794018 end time Jul-20-09 16:30:08 PDT)

Something like that
smile.gif

I still use the over-engineered case though
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 16
Damn, this is perfect! Can I buy something like thisin store, or from an online retailer (i've never done ebay)? I don't understand why so many headphone manufacturers shy away from making practical cases.

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 16
Because practical cases don't "look" fabulous, IE8's case is nice and shiny won't you agree?
tongue.gif

I don't think any store would carry this Westone product, you can scavenge the 99C stores
for small cases like this or search in Radioshack. Online purchase will be the simplest option IMO.

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 16
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE how the Sennheiser case looks, but it would take me way too long trying to wrap that thing up while getting off the bus. Plus, I wouldn't mind something a little more inconspicuous, to draw attention away from the $300 commodity sticking out of my ears.

Radioshack eh? I'll scour the website and see what turns up.

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 16
The Sennheiser case is super impractical for everyday use. Just go to any retail store and pick up a case there. I'm using my UE bean case to carry them around.

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #8 of 16
Tin of Altoids is a good idea. Funky.

Also consider the Shure SE530 oval case - that's pretty good too. They did make a good job of the case
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by rimmonhouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, this is perfect! Can I buy something like thisin store, or from an online retailer (i've never done ebay)? I don't understand why so many headphone manufacturers shy away from making practical cases.

These guys sell a couple of different cases that should do the job: Cases, Cables, Adapters for All Earphone Models

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Altoids tin is perhaps the second most useful item in the universe (after a towel of course)

You forgot duct tape.
darthsmile.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #13 of 16
Guys, simply take out the foam inserts in the Sennheiser case. It works like a charm. Wind the IE?'s around your fingers, put the earphones in the main box and the jack onto the extended part of the box. Altoids box? C'mon.

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, simply take out the foam inserts in the Sennheiser case. It works like a charm. Wind the IE?'s around your fingers, put the earphones in the main box and the jack onto the extended part of the box. Altoids box? C'mon.

I thought about doing that, but the case is still too bulky to put in my pockets.

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #15 of 16
I'm very efficient (okay, lazy) so I simply always stash the phones with the DAP connected in a separate pocket in my coat or bag, went very well for the last 30 years, never a scratch or something damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back