Reccomend me some cans?
Oct 22, 2007 at 6:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

arteom

1000+ Head-Fier
hello

Currently I own a pair of sennheiser hd-25's(not steel cables, copper), those are the best cans I've used/experienced. I haven't been spending much money, have saved up just a little on the side and want to buy some new headphones, upgrade my sound experience. My budget is $300. I am looking for something with detail in the mids, and the lows, with decent highs (I know with that budget I can't have everything). I would also like to experience a better soundstage, as with the 25's its a bit limited.

I don't have an amp
plainface.gif
. Have been thinking if I should buy/save money for a decent amp first. Any thoughts on this? Also would an amp make a difference in the sound of the 25's?

I listen to allot of electronic music; techno, IDM, house, ambient, downtempo, electro. And am looking for cans that are mainly suited for this type of music. I would also like for something that would sound well with classical music (but this is secondary and not important as being able to enjoy electronic music).

I should also mention that comfort is important to me, I have a big head and big ears. The hd-25's suit me well here as they rest on my ears, cans that go around my ears tend to hurt my ears as they press against them and I can't wear them for extended listening sessions. I would prefer something that rests on my ears rather than go around them. I really dislike in ear headphones.

Any suggestions are much welcome and appreciated.

Oct 23, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 11
I highly recommend the Denon AH-D2000s for that type of music. I listen to the same type of music and the Denons are wonderful for it. Get a good amp though, trust me it makes an enormous difference. Best of luck!

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcs414 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I highly recommend the Denon AH-D2000s for that type of music. I listen to the same type of music and the Denons are wonderful for it. Get a good amp though, trust me it makes an enormous difference. Best of luck!

X2

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susilo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What amp would go nicely with the D2k's?

I listen to roughly the same type of music, (price isnt a concern!)

help is much appreciated!

I hope some nice, knowledgable person will provide an answer to this amp question as well.
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back