Reccomend me a Stereo Mini to Stereo RCA cable
Dec 16, 2004 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Snoodge

100+ Head-Fier
The system is going to be AV-710 Sound Card to Perreaux SXH-1 headphone amp... Ive considered everything from these cheap but Belkin cables (which admittedly struck me as solid looking for the money). These are the kind of options im looking at in a low, medium, high sort of way... feel free to reccomend any cables under $80 preferably though.

Belkin PureAV: $19.99

FUL1_AV20604-07.jpg

Signal Cable: $48.00

Mini_RCA.jpg

Headphile Silver Standard: $80

img21.jpg

I was originally thinking that since the AV-710 and the Perreaux amp are both very neutral sounding that a silver based IC would be the best bet to bring out any last shred of detail that was there but im not sure if paying the extra money is really going to net me any appreciable gain.

600smile.gif

Dec 16, 2004 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 11
Snoodge ... you've got a good cross section of cables picked out already, to which I'd add the Zu Pivot, which many, including me, around here consider excellent.

For your particular application (C 710 -> Perreaux), I'd be tempted to give that Beldon cable a try - seems a lot of quality for the $$.

Dec 17, 2004 at 3:16 AM Post #3 of 11
Well, my opinion on those three would be the Headphile cable. Definetely go silver, I know the amp you'll be using quite well
wink.gif
Before I constructed my own silver based cables the copper generic cable I was using was pretty soft. Just not as dynamic. While the Belkin looks nice I find their stuff from the PC world to be overpriced.

From looking at it the Signal Cable uses all low-mid end Neutrik plugs, and the site says copper wire. I'm sure it's a great cable, but I'd go Headphile or Zu.

--Illah

Dec 17, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 11
Have JMT build you one. I've been very happy with mine.

Dec 17, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #5 of 11
I'll second the Zu Pivot, it's well built and delivers a fast and detailed sound without sounding bright. Check Ebay as Zu often has promotional sales on the Pivot and some of their other cables.

Dec 20, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #7 of 11
make one.

Dec 21, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #9 of 11
I'm using the Pivot, too and love it. Great cable!! Picked up min for $31 at ebay promotions. No brainer at that price!
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2004 at 3:14 PM Post #10 of 11
I have Larry's Headphile cable, but I would definitely recommend one with silver/gold or silver/copper to tame the highs a little. All silver can be a bit bright on a RCA-mini. His Black Coral is fast and neutral.

Dec 21, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #11 of 11
Another vote for the Zu. I used the Pivot and the Headphile. Both great, but I prefered the Zu. Buy them on ebay. You get to choose the length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back