Reccomend me a good IEM for my gf
Feb 28, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #16 of 25
IMO, those you have short-listed actually have high-praise in Head-Fi being low-budget phones (but not low quality), so why not choose one which suits your girlfriend's style/fashion the most?
regular_smile .gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, this is below the price range you indicated, but might I suggest the Thinksound Rain? As it's for your gf, it's a very nice looking earphone to give as a gift, I think(though you said she may be buying it), and it is well liked by the admittedly few here who own it. They are also supposed to be comfortable(I'd shy away from the TF10 for this reason), especially because they are quite small and girls tend to have smaller ear canals in general, I believe. If shes a bit of a treehugger like me then the environmental consciousness helps too :p They apparently have a nicely wide and 3D sounding soundstage, and width the wood housings sound very natural(pun so intended). It also just seems like it would be good for her genres, given the emphasis on the mids, the sparkly but smooth/non-fatiguing highs, and the slight midbass emphasis for bass guitars.

Keep in mind thats only my impressions from reading stuff, I don't know what they sound like personally.

I am loving my Panasonic HJE900s(made of cubic zirconia, it's like a jewel!), but given that so few places sell them, that sounds like it might be expensive getting over to Aus, which is why I didn't rec them. I also think your gf might just enjoy the rain's sound signature though.

Whats your view on the Thinksound Thunder ansd why did you reccomend Rain ?

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, those you have short-listed actually have high-praise in Head-Fi being low-budget phones (but not low quality), so why not choose one which suits your girlfriend's style/fashion the most?
regular_smile .gif

thing is I dont want to get her low sounding quality IEMs, she used the avearge apple ipod buds iin the past and now I want her to appreciate her music and get something decent, not some cheap nasty sounding stuff.

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #19 of 25
^ I am saying those you are considering are in fact good phones, so why not choose the one which you think have the best looking for your girlfriend.

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I am saying those you are considering are in fact good phones, so why not choose the one which you think have the best looking for your girlfriend.

Ok sorry must of took you wrongly. I am seriosuly now tossing up between the Klipsch Image S4 or the Thinksound Rain, but I dont know who here in Australia sells the Image S4?

Ooops sorry I also forgot to add, the RE0 as well

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbryann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1 on the thinksound rains.

its a very good entry into audiophile pair of earphones. they're very fun and look great.

And do they sound decent ?

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #23 of 25
^ very decent. I like them more then my AD700s in fact.
popcorn.gif

EDIT: i see you live in Australia. You have to contact Thinksound and ask for a price match and international shipping. The costumer service is very very good. Shipping was quite expensive though, $27 o.O'

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #24 of 25
If ibuds bass is normal then RE0 is great option (very detailed) and S4 has punchy bass...........

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #25 of 25
Ok how does the SQ of the Thinksound Rain compare to the Klipsch Image S4

I have now narrowed my choices down to these 3:

1. Klipsch Image S4
2. Thinksound Rain
3. RE0

Btw she will be using a CMOY amp with OPA2132 Opamp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back