Reccomend me a good IEM for my gf
Feb 27, 2010 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Albinoni

500+ Head-Fier
I recently bought my girlfriend a new Sansa Fuze, will soon be getting a CMOy AMP custom made for her and now finally trying to choose a good pair of headphones for her. She prefers to use IEMs or In Ears. Basically I am looking for a good IEM to be used with the CMOY but nothing over the top or too $$$$.
Also a IEM thats comfortable and with good sound stage.

Thanks

Feb 27, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 25
I think it is better to state what kind of genre your girlfriend listens to. And if possible state your budget in a figure so that people could recommend IEMs within the price range.

Feb 27, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 25
yeah budget in a figure. not much money could be 100 or like 300 for some people :p

Feb 27, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it is better to state what kind of genre your girlfriend listens to. And if possible state your budget in a figure so that people could recommend IEMs within the price range.

Ok makes sense. The type of music she likes or listens too is more the older style of music eg bands like America, Bee Gees, Abba, Celine Dion, Elvis Presley, Bread, Eagles etc etc.

Price range say between $100 and $200 (Jesus I hope she's paying for it, I already paid for her Fuze and now for the Amp) what more does she want
icon10.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #7 of 25
Monster Lady gaga, Q-Jays, D-Jays, Sony EX700, EX500, JVC FX500, CK10, UE TF10Pro and UE SF5.......

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #9 of 25
RE0 is the best IEM for under $100-$200 if your GF doesn't mind a neutral monitor like sound with the right balance of bass, midrange and treble.

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #10 of 25
Well, this is below the price range you indicated, but might I suggest the Thinksound Rain? As it's for your gf, it's a very nice looking earphone to give as a gift, I think(though you said she may be buying it), and it is well liked by the admittedly few here who own it. They are also supposed to be comfortable(I'd shy away from the TF10 for this reason), especially because they are quite small and girls tend to have smaller ear canals in general, I believe. If shes a bit of a treehugger like me then the environmental consciousness helps too :p They apparently have a nicely wide and 3D sounding soundstage, and width the wood housings sound very natural(pun so intended). It also just seems like it would be good for her genres, given the emphasis on the mids, the sparkly but smooth/non-fatiguing highs, and the slight midbass emphasis for bass guitars.

Keep in mind thats only my impressions from reading stuff, I don't know what they sound like personally.

I am loving my Panasonic HJE900s(made of cubic zirconia, it's like a jewel!), but given that so few places sell them, that sounds like it might be expensive getting over to Aus, which is why I didn't rec them. I also think your gf might just enjoy the rain's sound signature though.

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #12 of 25
I second the thinksound rain. From what I've read people who aren't audiophiles really like it. I wouldn't recommend the RE0 because they sound boring to people not looking for a neutral sound.

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #15 of 25
Thanks veryone here for you feedback and input and greatly appreciate it. No my gf is not a hi fi fanatic or audiophile like myself or the rest here on this forum, but I can say one thing and that is she loves good quality bands/music.

Like I said she likes and appreciates the old bands non of this new hip hop, modern day type of music, lets say more music from the 60s, 70, 80s.

I dont think also she has owned a nice Sansa Fuze, Cmoy amp and a nice set of IEMs to appreciate good music and she's only listened to this stuff on Ipod Buds
frown.gif

So I thought and decided time for a change.

What I am considering:

1: RE0
2. Think Sound Rain (love em and very nice looking IEM )
3. Klipsch Image S4
4. SoundMagic
5. UE metro fi 220

Users who are viewing this thread

Back