Reccomend a sound card
Aug 1, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #18 of 28
last question! one thing I really lack with the computer that I get tons of on the stereo is bass... In games like Half Life 2, Fear, Oblivion, and Prey I really want the bass to come through on my headphones like it does when i listen to music and watch movies with my stereo.

Will having a better soundcard help with that? Specificically will the xtrememusic card help that?

Aug 1, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #19 of 28
This is with the HD580? If you want tons of boomy bass you've got the wrong headphone. The HD580 is bass heavy, but for the extreme bass head you need a beyerdynamic dt770/80. It is also better for games than the 580.

Aug 1, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #20 of 28
well I don't want tons... I get a lot just plugging these into my stereo and it seems to be the perfect amount for me... at certain times while watching war of the worlds with my 580's through my stereo my head starts to shake but it's not super crazy or anything.

I'd just like to get that amount with the computer.

Aug 1, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #21 of 28
Oh I see what you mean. You said you were using a cmoy, right? A PA2V2 ($60) is ungodly bassy with the 580/600/650.

Aug 1, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #22 of 28
I have a pimeta ... with OPA627 opamps... I'm getting new op-amps though becuase i"ve heard those are very smooth...

Would it behoove me to purchase the soundcard if what I'm after is more bass? and would changing the opamps in your opinion really help me out?

Aug 1, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #23 of 28
Changing sound cards might make a difference but not nearly as much as getting an external DAC. If changing opamps is like tube rolling, then yes it can make a significant difference, if you get the right ones.

Aug 1, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #25 of 28
What is your definition of not a whole lot? What is the most you could spend on a DAC? Don't neglect the DAC, it is one of the most important parts of an audio system.

Aug 1, 2006 at 7:23 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
Oh and for an amp I really suggest you get a headfive before they are all gone. You will not regret it.

Seconded. The Headfive is a surprisingly good match for both the HD580 and HF-1 (out of my Chaintech AV-710).

I don't think I've ever enjoyed these phones this much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back