Recabling tdk ba200??
Nov 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Blaalad12

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, Just curious about recabling , I have not even received my phones yet and although its not a deal breaker, I would love to change the cable (purely for cosmetic reasons) but iam clueless as to cost, if its worth it or if it can even be done with the tdk ba200s , Iam almost sure i read somewhere that recabling an iem can potentially ruin the iem and your better off not doing so unless its necessary for whatever reason!! 

I guess what iam asking is the following....

First and foremost : 

*Can the tdk ba200s be recabeled?
*How much would it cost? 
*Is it worth it? (would there be any improvement apart from looks, sound perhaps?

Iam in Ireland so Brian at BTG would not be an option, It would cost a ridiculous amount of money just to have the iem shipped over and back, Would it be possible to just by a cable online thats 'ready to go' so to speak and just open the housing and attach the new cable myself or is it best advised to have a pro do it, especially with them being brand new? 

Again, its not something i have to or need to do but i love the look of some of the recables and would love one of my own :) 

Thoughts??

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #4 of 7
The BA200 have an impedance and inductance corrector in the splitter, sooo no chance ! It's perhaps one of the few the be like that !

With another IEM it's very simple, open it, desolder, and solder another cable that you can buy on Lunashop for example. Don't forget to test all with multimeter to be sure that you solder mass on mass ;-/

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #5 of 7
The recabling process is handmade so the finish will never be as good as the mint/stock work, besides do you really want to open an IEM just for the sake of look? (unless you pay a lot for good cables)

The only reason to recable an IEM should be because they're broken. Its not a question about money, more like unnecessary. You could reshell them but again, you have a perfectly new pair, I suggest you to use them and later see what suits you best. 

Feel free to do what you think its right.

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #6 of 7
  The recabling process is handmade so the finish will never be not that good like the mint/stock work, besides do you really want to open a perfectly pair just for the sake of looks? (unless you pay a lot for good cables)

The only reason to recable an IEM should be because they're broken. Its not a question about money, more like unnecessary. You could reshell them but again, you have a new pair, I suggest you to use them and later see what suits you best. 

Feel free to do what you think its right

Your right man, its prob best not to go messing with it unless it needs messing with!! I may just enjoy them for now , Is reshelling them easier/cheaper by the way? just curious 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back