recabling Sennheiser HD650 with Jena wire
Sep 3, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 12
I don't have a Hd650 (will get it soon) but I have tried Jena wires many times.
IMO, it's a very good complement to your Hd650. Although it's copper, the most improvement it brings is details and transparency which are what your Senn need. It's by far the best wire I've heard. And yeah, people call them overpriced. It's not cheap, I think so.
DIY it is not difficult, just buy a plug, a pair of Cardas connectors, some sleeve and heatshrink and solder
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

DIY is not difficult, just buy a plug, a pair of Cardas connectors, some sleeve and heatshrink and solder

It's very difficult. Show me at least one properly made DYI Senn cable!

Sep 3, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's very difficult. Show me at least one properly made DYI Senn cable!

It is not that hard. I certainly would not recommend it as a first cable but they are rather doable. The hardest part of the cable is the Senn connectors. The Cards plugs are hard to heat and the surrounding plastic is quite soft and likes to melt. That combination doesn't make for the easiest task. Also, the Cardas Senn connectors can only accept up to about 22awg without more effort. If you flip through the DIY cable gallery you will find quite a few quality Senn cables...

Sep 4, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2) Most over-priced and over-rated wire in the world!

lol
that's somehow correct. the most expensive wire I've ever bought.

Sep 4, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #8 of 12
Guys, i know that recabling isn't hard. Concentrate on the second part of my message:
Quote:

Show me at least one properly made DYI Senn cable!

Sep 4, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2) Most over-priced and over-rated wire in the world!

Completely agree, it's mostly because it is a very attractive cable. Many will not admit it, but a lot of people go with it because they like the look of it. And to each their own.

Sep 5, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, i know that recabling isn't hard. Concentrate on the second part of my message:

img1694oo5.jpg

sorry i dont have any closeup pics, or soldering of the connectors.

Sep 5, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Completely agree, it's mostly because it is a very attractive cable. Many will not admit it, but a lot of people go with it because they like the look of it. And to each their own.

I must be weird. I do not fancy the look of the Jena cable at all.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back