Recabling Audio Technica ATH-AD700s - which wires go where?
Aug 17, 2017 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ggro

New Head-Fier
I've recabled these a couple of times before but this time I forgot to take a picture of where everything was supposed to go. I tried to solder the wires from memory but I ended up with no channel separation.

Could someone tell me which contact points correspond to L/R/G? Alternatively, is there a way to check what's supposed to go where using a multimeter?

Cheers!

nhFHF2q.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 5
I've modded my AD700 not too long ago and thankfully I have shots of the internal wiring!

Left -Top right (White)
Right - Bottom left (Red)
Ground - Bottom right (Blue)

I might have gotten ground and left mixed up, but I think what I said is correct.

Npr5M8X.jpg

Aug 26, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 5
So I tried and failed to repair these and found a few more images of how they're supposed to be soldered. It appears my headphones are missing the top left soldering point for the left speaker. Are they pretty much borked or is there still a way to fix them?

JgJmH3j.jpg

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #5 of 5
So I tried and failed to repair these and found a few more images of how they're supposed to be soldered. It appears my headphones are missing the top left soldering point for the left speaker. Are they pretty much borked or is there still a way to fix them?

JgJmH3j.jpg

No, I think the images are just flipped upside down. But if you wanted to buy AD700 drivers, I am currently selling 2 of them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back