rec:powered 2.0speakers for use with sony d25(bedside rig)max 400 dollar dynaudio mc15 or audioengine a5?
Nov 3, 2009 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello Everyone, I decided to sell my garbage all-in-one sony minitower and get a nice dedicated cd-setup for my bedroom (the only place where i still use cds). I acquired the sony d25 which has a lineout,. i now only need to get some powered 2.0 speakers for use with it (I DO NOT WANT TO USE A SUBWOOFER but I do listen to power metal on occasion so I want good bass). I want to spend MAX 400 dollar (i want to buy in the states because that is really good right now) on a powered system. I am certainly willing to buy used if I can find speakers that have either a switchable power supply or that let you change the voltage and have a detachable power cord. I get a lot of recommendations for the audioengine a5 but are there any other good options at this pricelevel keepign in mind that I want an all in one setup (i think studio monitors at this price might not be as good but I might be wrong) and that I dont want to have to use a subwoofer. I normally listen at relatively low volumes and my bedroom is not treated in any way.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Greetings, Anouk,

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 6
Hello once more, I just checked where I can buy the audioengines in nl but that are only very few places and they are costly here, 300 euro at least. BUT in my search i stumbled upon another one-piece solution which is mainly meant for ipods but which has a line input as well, the bowers and wilkins zeppelin. I wonder if anyone has tried this one?
Greetings, Anouk,

Nov 7, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #3 of 6
Hello Again, I just found the dynaudio mc15 multimedia speakers. So I am now hesistating between the audioengine a5 the bowers and wilkins powered speaker and the dynaudio mc15 which seems to be like the dynaudio monitors....
Any help would be appreciated.
I want a 2.0 system that does not need a subwoofer and that can play well at low volumes....
Greetings, Anouk

Nov 8, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #4 of 6
Just a question....I'm not sure why you are comparing the A5 to the MC15.

The normal price of the MC15 are at least $1000-1200 USD a pair everywhere I've seen them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back