Rebel Amp
Jul 1, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #256 of 296
The Rebel logo is a fist holding headphones to the sky. The HeadAmp logo looks like a nipple piercing. Unless there's a trademark on circles or removing spaces between words (ie, FedEx, HiFiMan...honestly a fairly common design trend) then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The analysis is whether a reasonable customer could get them confused. From @justin w. ’s post, it sounds like they already are.

Jul 1, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #257 of 296
The analysis is whether a reasonable customer could get them confused. From @justin w. ’s post, it sounds like they already are.
No. It does not sound like confusion. Give us audio enthusiasts more credit. We are not as dumb as such claims would make us out to be. I can make the distinction as can you. So can everyone else.
I think the confusion is more likely due to the eagerness of customers seeking out to listen extreme value that RebelAmp delivers. These same customers are likely asking the same question at all trade booths.
If Headamp were offering similar value, then customers would be asking for Headamp products at other booths. So, no. I don't buy the false claims of confusion. Not similar enough to be confused. Just excitement over a good product that RebelAmp is providing that is generating enough buzz that consumers are looking for RebelAmp amplifiers at other vendors because it is a product that generates excitement.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #258 of 296
I dont believe the average person is that dumb.

Also if someone is going to a trade show, they're probably an informed consumer / enthusiast that can differentiate between the words "Head" and "Rebel"

Jul 1, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #259 of 296
Ok, Rebel amp is now using different op-amps and Zeos is testing them to see if there are noticable differences. I guess that was the collaboration he was talking about.
Ok someone from hifi guides who appears to be informed said the following about the Rebel changes.
"The changes are on the input and drive side of the amp, power amp itself remains unchanged."
Not sure what is meant by the drive side. Pre amp?

Jul 1, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #260 of 296
No. It does not sound like confusion. Give us audio enthusiasts more credit. We are not as dumb as such claims would make us out to be. I can make the distinction as can you. So can everyone else.
I think the confusion is more likely due to the eagerness of customers seeking out to listen extreme value that RebelAmp delivers. These same customers are likely asking the same question at all trade booths.
If Headamp were offering similar value, then customers would be asking for Headamp products at other booths. So, no. I don't buy the false claims of confusion. Not similar enough to be confused. Just excitement over a good product that RebelAmp is providing that is generating enough buzz that consumers are looking for RebelAmp amplifiers at other vendors because it is a product that generates excitement.
While I sure hope that the average audio enthusiast can distinguish between those two brands, I certainly don't agree with the rest of your Statement.

Why would anyone ask for products of other brands, especially when they are able to identify that the booth belongs to different brand.
That's even more stupid than not being able to distinguish them in the first place

Jul 1, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #261 of 296
@ThanatosVI those who are less initiated are 100% asking us at trade shows if we are the same company or related

Rebel's founder said our amps are 'legendary', so they were aware of us, and after seeking U.S. distribution did agree to change the logo and we're waiting patiently for that to happen.

Last edited:
HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jul 2, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #262 of 296
Fyi...Here is what Rebel told me with regard to the proposed change to the amp.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230702-120813_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230702-120813_Outlook.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 3, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #264 of 296
Yeah, I finally pulled the trigger on buying one of these just days ago and the idea that there are changes that are "Zeos approved" puts a sour taste in my mouth. I hope the changes haven't affected mine and/or the op amps are user replaceable.

Jul 3, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #265 of 296
Yeah, I finally pulled the trigger on buying one of these just days ago and the idea that there are changes that are "Zeos approved" puts a sour taste in my mouth. I hope the changes haven't affected mine and/or the op amps are user replaceable.
Are we talking about the dude that has the reviews that give me vertigo???

Jul 3, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #266 of 296
They haven't changed anything yet. Just experimenting. They would need to increase cost if they went with the op-amp he was testing.

Jul 4, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #267 of 296
Are we talking about the dude that has the reviews that give me vertigo???
That's why people watch him doing the anti timid act, and me too sometimes, it's a mans show, he's good at it if you dig it.

But got bored somewhat with his inability to discern the sound of a 50 from a 500000 dollar DAC. When he says over again 'I can't hear a difference' I yell at the screen YOU can't hear a difference!! Poor hot soup in his ears it all sounds the same. Then again he got me buying rebelamp and it was a good performance/price ratio, thanks Zeos!

Jul 4, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #268 of 296
That's why people watch him doing the anti timid act, and me too sometimes, it's a mans show, he's good at it if you dig it.

But got bored somewhat with his inability to discern the sound of a 50 from a 500000 dollar DAC. When he says over again 'I can't hear a difference' I yell at the screen YOU can't hear a difference!! Poor hot soup in his ears it all sounds the same. Then again he got me buying rebelamp and it was a good performance/price ratio, thanks Zeos!
Zeos has gotten me to buy more gear than anyone else. He has steered me wrong a few times. I don’t trust his ears but he brings all of the products to the masses. I appreciate his videos.

Jul 6, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #269 of 296
They shouldn't let Zeos 'decide' , he's as much on as off the mark imho.
Yeah, very shortsighted move to have someone who couldnt tell the difference between dacs, tell the difference between opamps

Zeos has gotten me to buy more gear than anyone else. He has steered me wrong a few times. I don’t trust his ears but he brings all of the products to the masses. I appreciate his videos.

I'm mixed. I'm glad with the Rebel recommendation, but he also got me to buy some pricey earpads that were horrendous and ruined my headphones (fixed it with cheap replacements, thank god)

He was also instrumental in the launch of the Sennheiser HD8XX revision, which was universally panned as many here probably heard

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #270 of 296
Yeah, very shortsighted move to have someone who couldnt tell the difference between dacs, tell the difference between opamps

I'm mixed. I'm glad with the Rebel recommendation, but he also got me to buy some pricey earpads that were horrendous and ruined my headphones (fixed it with cheap replacements, thank god)

He was also instrumental in the launch of the Sennheiser HD8XX revision, which was universally panned as many here probably heard
Yeah, Zeos pretty much covers every product out there so he is bound to get some good recommendations out. However, I too was burnt by a many of his recommendations.
For instance, he called the xDuoo TA-26 an upgrade to the Darkvoice 336SE. While I can hear why some would prefer the xDuoo TA-26, I found it lacking and it neutured the tube nature of my tubes. I had to return two of them because I bought two thinking that I would keep them forever for my favorite tubes. I had to take a loss as Apos Audio took a loss on the return and understandably had to charge me for some of the loss.
But yes, as you said he turned me onto the RebelAmp which is completely golden sounding when paired with the right headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back