Rebel Amp
Jan 24, 2021 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 296

FullBright1

Headphoneus Supremus
Mini Review : 1-24-2021

Received a Rebel amp from Yurii Romanek - CEO of Rebel Amplification

Ive now spent quite a few hours listening to and analyzing this fine Gear.
And what i can tell you is ....
The Rebel amp creates sound magic.
The hidden magic is revealed as its : Class A circuitry.
Class A circuitry produces an amp sound that offers something very special to your ears.
It combines smooth : with detail and resolution.
Nothing sounds to my ear as good as a good Class A amp circuit going into headphones or into anything.

> - Guitar Amps.
> - Audiophile Speakers.
> - Ears... :)

Are you a Queen Fan? Brian May, Freddie Mercury......the group?
Did you ever noticed the beauty of Brian May's Guitar Tone,???? : the Power chords, the Clean amp sound and the majestic tone of Brian's Solos?
That's Class A Vox Amps producing that bell like chime and tone.

So what about this Rebel amp......??

The Rebel amp is a very good class A Circuit, well designed, quiet as the dark, that will delight your headphones, which will in turn delight your ears.

Currently sitting in my Headphone listening room, is a Naim Dac V-1, Class A, Headphone amp.
(I'm all about Class A).
And ive been comparing them for hours and hours.
The Naim costs about $2500 USD.
It sounds amazing...... and till recently, I'd never heard anything that sounds even close to it, tone wise.... regarding another Headphone amp, and i have heard or own a lot of Headphone amps.
My recently acquired Matrix I-3 approaches its glorious tone., as the Matrix i-3 is another affordable killer gear sound.
However, when i began to listen to the Rebel Amp, in comparison vs the Naim.... i realized that world class Class A sound can cost as little as $550.00, shipped worldwide.
The Rebel Amp definitely trades heavy blows with the Big Boy Naim all night long.
Now, i love my Naim, and i love my Matrix i-3...... and i'd buy another one of those if they were stolen, and i'd buy another Rebel Amp if this one went missing...:)
You know, some gear is just a keeper, and you never have to try to decide...... you just know straightaway.
Such is the Rebel Amp, in my opinion.

I learned about this Amp from Zeos, who was trumpeting its praises in a review.
So i contacted Yurii and we talked a bit about this fine Gear.
Now i understand why Zeos was so adamant about this Amp.

What makes the Rebel amp so good? ???
Well the SQ,..:)... as Class A does something special regarding musical reproduction that i describe as , imparting emotion into it.
That is the effect of Class A gear when you hear it.
It has a unique harmonic structure that sweetens mids and is just a joy to hear.

And something else i love about this amp.
Its the Volume knob.!
Remember when a Analog Volume knob let you get to that exact<>precise level that you need, per headphones??
And have you noticed that the stepped Volume control often lands in a place that is ether not loud enough or too loud, and you end up stuck there?
Well, the Rebel Volume knob works as a perfect non stepped extremely well implemented dedicated control, as it allows for glorious intricate managing of the volume so that you can always perfectly dial into that sweet spot.
ITs great.

So, again... what is this Rebel Amp?
Its affordable killer gear, reader.
Its basically a simple and find sounding Class A Straight Wire.
The soundstage it produces is wide, the body of the sound is deep and full, and the effect of the sound is somewhat holographic.
Its just a no-brainer purchase that is not designed to impress you with a blinking display, or a "latest and greatest" DAC section, or 45 ins and outs.
It's literally designed to do one thing, and that is to plug in and play and sound Great.
The Rebel Amp delivers the sonic goods which explains why it has 16 = 5-Star Reviews on the website.

I used it in line with my Naim's RCA outs... to allow the Naim to be a USB Pre source from my Laptop.
I used it as a dedicated CD<>Amp running from my Hotrodded Oppo Blu Ray Player.
I was impressed, and i'm still impressed.
The Detail, the Clairity, the Dynamics, the Soundstage, the TONE.... The Rebel amp is a very good sounding and very revealing Gear.
Class A wins again.

Here are some specs :

You can read a brief story of how and why RebelAmp was created here.

It's a class A amplifier with a discrete output stage. Thanks to low noise floor and smart ground topology with audio in mind RebelAmp becomes suitable for IEMs or sensitive headphones.
Triple gain
Allows to drive full-size headphones like Audeze LCDs and many others.
H-L-M It’s done that way to avoid switching from Low to High gain by mistake.
Output switch
With it you can switch outputs between headphones or power amplifier and powered speakers without disconnecting cables.
Preamp output
Use it to control volume of powered speakers/power amplifier.
Competent circuit design
Eliminates pops and thumps when turning on/off amplifier.
Quality
Only quality electronic components are used in RebelAmp.

nichicon fine gold capacitor
takman carbon resistors

alps rk27 potentiometer
bourns trimpots
wima capacitors

Power supply
35VA toroidal transformer. 4 power rails and total 80000uf (yes, you got that right - eighty thousand) of filter capacitance.
2 year warranty
RebelAmp is covered by 2-year limited warranty that covers parts and labor.

Analog inputssingle-ended RCA
Analog outputs1/4 jack
single-ended RCA preamp
Frequency Response1Hz-1.2MHz, -3dB
Output power32 Ohm: 1000mW RMS per channel
THD<0.001%
IMD<0.006%
SNR>110dB, unweighted
Crosstalk>95dB, 20 Hz-20KHz
Output Impedance0.1Ohm
Input Impedance50kOhm
Gain1.0x, 5.2x, 11.0x
Output Resistance PreampRCA 0.1Ohm
Power Consumption35W
Dimensions13,39 * 9,15 * 2,28 in (340 * 233 * 62 mm)
Weight6,6lbs (3kg)
-
-
P1220028.JPG

-
P1220029.JPG

-
P1220031.JPG

-
P1220036.JPG

-
DSCF0048.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 296
Mini Review : 1-24-2021

Received a Rebel amp from Yurii Romanek - CEO of Rebel Amplification

Ive now spent quite a few hours listening to and analyzing this fine Gear.
And what i can tell you is ....
The Rebel amp creates sound magic.
The hidden magic is revealed as its : Class A circuitry.
Class A circuitry produces an amp sound that offers something very special to your ears.
It combines smooth : with detail and resolution.
Nothing sounds to my ear as good as a good Class A amp circuit going into headphones or into anything.

> - Guitar Amps.
> - Audiophile Speakers.
> - Ears... :)

Are you a Queen Fan? Brian May, Freddie Mercury......the group?
Did you ever noticed the beauty of Brian May's Guitar Tone,???? : the Power chords, the Clean amp sound and the majestic tone of Brian's Solos?
That's Class A Vox Amps producing that bell like chime and tone.

So what about this Rebel amp......??

The Rebel amp is a very good class A Circuit, well designed, quiet as the dark, that will delight your headphones, which will in turn delight your ears.

Currently sitting in my Headphone listening room, is a Naim Dac V-1, Class A, Headphone amp.
(I'm all about Class A).
And ive been comparing them for hours and hours.
The Naim costs about $2500 USD.
It sounds amazing...... and till recently, I'd never heard anything that sounds even close to it, tone wise.... regarding another Headphone amp, and i have heard or own a lot of Headphone amps.
My recently acquired Matrix I-3 approaches its glorious tone., as the Matrix i-3 is another affordable killer gear sound.
However, when i began to listen to the Rebel Amp, in comparison vs the Naim.... i realized that world class Class A sound can cost as little as $550.00, shipped worldwide.
The Rebel Amp definitely trades heavy blows with the Big Boy Naim all night long.
Now, i love my Naim, and i love my Matrix i-3...... and i'd buy another one of those if they were stolen, and i'd buy another Rebel Amp if this one went missing...:)
You know, some gear is just a keeper, and you never have to try to decide...... you just know straightaway.
Such is the Rebel Amp, in my opinion.

I learned about this Amp from Zeos, who was trumpeting its praises in a review.
So i contacted Yurii @rebel and we talked a bit about this fine Gear.
Now i understand why Zeos was so adamant about this Amp.

What makes the Rebel amp so good? ???
Well the SQ,..:)... as Class A does something special regarding musical reproduction that i describe as , imparting emotion into it.
That is the effect of Class A gear when you hear it.
It has a unique harmonic structure that sweetens mids and is just a joy to hear.

And something else i love about this amp.
Its the Volume knob.!
Remember when a Analog Volume knob let you get to that exact<>precise level that you need, per headphones??
And have you noticed that the stepped Volume control often lands in a place that is ither not loud enough or too loud, and you end up stuck there?
Well, the Rebel Volume knob works as a perfect non stepped extremely well implemented dedicated control, as it allows for glorious intricate managing of the volume so that you can always perfectly dial into that sweet spot.
ITs great.

So, again... what is this Rebel Amp?
Its affordable killer gear, reader.
Its basically a simple and find sounding Class A Straight Wire.
The soundstage it produces is wide, the body of the sound is deep and full, and the effect of the sound is somewhat holographic.
Its just a no-brainer purchase that is not designed to impress you with a blinking display, or a "latest and greatest" DAC section, or 45 ins and outs.
It's literally designed to do one thing, and that is to plug in and play and sound Great.
The Rebel Amp delivers the sonic goods which explains why it has 16 = 5-Star Reviews on the website.

I used it in line with my Naim's RCA outs... to allow the Naim to be a USB Pre source from my Laptop.
I used it as a dedicated CD<>Amp running from my Hotrodded Oppo Blu Ray Player.
I was impressed, and i'm still impressed.
The Detail, the Clairity, the Dynamics, the Soundstage, the TONE.... The Rebel amp is a very good sounding and very revealing Gear.
Class A wins again.

Here are some specs :

You can read a brief story of how and why RebelAmp was created here.

It's a class A amplifier with discrete output stage. Thanks to low noise floor and smart ground topology with audio in mind RebelAmp becomes suitable for IEMs or sensitive headphones.
Triple gain
Allows to drive full-size headphones like Audeze LCDs and many others.
H-L-M It’s done that way to avoid switching from Low to High gain by mistake.
Output switch
With it you can switch outputs between headphones or power amplifier and powered speakers without disconnecting cables.
Preamp output
Use it to control volume of powered speakers/power amplifier.
Competent circuit design
Eliminates pops and thumps when turning on/off amplifier.
Quality
Only quality electronic components are used in RebelAmp.
nichicon fine gold capacitor
takman carbon resistors

alps rk27 potentiometer
bourns trimpots
wima capacitors

Power supply
35VA toroidal transformer. 4 power rails and total 80000uf (yes, you got that right - eighty thousand) of filter capacitance.
2 year warranty
RebelAmp is covered by 2-year limited warranty that covers parts and labor.

Analog inputssingle-ended RCA
Analog outputs1/4 jack
single-ended RCA preamp
Frequency Response1Hz-1.2MHz, -3dB
Output power32 Ohm: 1000mW RMS per channel
THD<0.001%
IMD<0.006%
SNR>110dB, unweighted
Crosstalk>95dB, 20 Hz-20KHz
Output Impedance0.1Ohm
Input Impedance50kOhm
Gain1.0x, 5.2x, 11.0x
Output Resistance PreampRCA 0.1Ohm
Power Consumption35W
Dimensions13,39 * 9,15 * 2,28 in (340 * 233 * 62 mm)
Weight6,6lbs (3kg)
-
-
P1220028.JPG
-
P1220029.JPG
-
P1220031.JPG
-
P1220036.JPG
-
DSCF0048.JPG
A European answer to the HeadAmp GS-X mini? The logo at left is almost an upside-down HeadAmp logo. Class A output. Circular vent holes.

Feb 16, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 296
Why is there not more talk of this thing on Head-fi? Seriously blown away by this. It feels like cheating. Never heard anything sound so good for $500. Like tube magic without the tubes, and with all the detail and imaging of a good SS.

Feb 16, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #7 of 296
Why is there not more talk of this thing on Head-fi? Seriously blown away by this. It feels like cheating. Never heard anything sound so good for $500. Like tube magic without the tubes, and with all the detail and imaging of a good SS.

Class A amplification is a sonic wonder.
These are great headphone amps.

Feb 16, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #8 of 296
He's no longer making these amps. Not sure if other will follow.
Yeah I wouldn’t assume that “sold out” means he’s no longer making them. For a small company with an awesome product it must be hard keeping stocks in. I just received mine a couple weeks ago.

Feb 16, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #10 of 296
I just talked to Yurii Romanek.. He's the CEO of "RebelAmps".

He told me that they are making plenty more, but currently due to high demand they are "sold out".

Yea I didn't assume he was done form the sold out notice. But someone I know reached out to him and said he was done. I guess you can never really trust second hand information in this hobby lol.

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #11 of 296
Yea I didn't assume he was done form the sold out notice. But someone I know reached out to him and said he was done. I guess you can never really trust second hand information in this hobby lol.

I talked to Him a while back and told him that he needed to manufacture the RebelAmp in BLACK, as this would sell much better, universally.
He told me that he will do it, and that the next batch of R-amps will be Black.
He said it should be in about a "month" or obo., so hopefully by mid-April the Black Rebel's will be flying off the shelves as i know these will be a very hot item once that color is available.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #14 of 296
I talked to Him a while back and told him that he needed to manufacture the RebelAmp in BLACK, as this would sell much better, universally.
He told me that he will do it, and that the next batch of R-amps will be Black.
He said it should be in about a "month" or obo., so hopefully by mid-April the Black Rebel's will be flying off the shelves as i know these will be a very hot item once that color is available.
That's awesome! I gotta say though, I'm loving the green.

made in ukraina?
That is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back