Reasons to buy BMW
May 5, 2004 at 1:30 AM Post #16 of 29
my gf wants to try it in the bimmer because of the heated seats, but What? that's kind of messy. that's my f'n car, man. a bj on the freeway is one thing but I'm not going to risk anything else.

May 5, 2004 at 2:21 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrfytrhoges
another reason is that you may have wayyyyyy too much money.....

is that possible?? you think Bill Gates wakes up and says, damn, i gots too much money. life is suck. nahh.

money doesn't MAKE happiness, but damn, it can sure contribute. vacations on far-away beaches. no worrying about bills. reliable cars and housing. extravigent meals and clothes and stuffs.

I wouldn't complain.
biggrin.gif

I've been poor and now middle class. there's advantages to each. I miss the freedom of not worring about losing any STUFF, the freedom of not having anyting, but I also like the comfort of having nice stuff now, a nice place to live.

May 5, 2004 at 2:31 AM Post #19 of 29
small hijack, how is the house going?

another small hijack, i do believe that money certainly doesn't buy happiness, i notice that alot of people with alot of money end up on drugs and end up in a really bad place, my personal belief about that says that money cannot buy happiness, you can only have so many houses, there is only so much space on this earth to see, so many cars to buy, so much to fill up the void in your life with stuff and there's always still something missing, not preaching here but you get the idea, end threadjack.

May 5, 2004 at 3:10 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
my gf wants to try it in the bimmer because of the heated seats, but What? that's kind of messy. that's my f'n car, man. a bj on the freeway is one thing but I'm not going to risk anything else.

It's not messy at all unless you're into the "pull & spray" thing that's often depicted in ****. And if you're that worried about it just put a towel over the seat when you're doing it and bring a few paper towels to assist in cleanup. Oh, and it helps if you recline the seats, and in the interest of public safety please do park the car somewhere when you're engaging in "recreational" activities.

May 5, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by screwdriver
1997 BMW M3 Sedan owner here.....
my avatar is a give away too....

So is your screen name, get it?

Of course, what the survey shows (if anything) is that BMW owners SAY they get more on surveys! Not that I'm denying it (01 M Roadster here; and yes it is faster than an M5)

May 5, 2004 at 7:33 AM Post #23 of 29
It's only compensation, anyway - somehow a BMW driver just has to distract himself in order to forget about the horrendous service and repair bills...
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: I had a 520, a 525e and a 325e Automatic...

May 5, 2004 at 8:03 AM Post #24 of 29
I'm glad and proud I live in a country where 2/3 of a cars price are taxes!
I think it's cool that everybody here drives either Peugeots, Citroens or Golfs- theat is execept the students who drives old ****ty cars from the early 80's. There's like 5 audi TT all together in Denmark... and peroberbly no BMW z_ !
plainface.gif

blink.gif

frown.gif

mad.gif

edit: Money sure dosen't make your life any better, but it's a lot easier to help yourself to improve your life when money isen't the problem.

May 5, 2004 at 11:16 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
It's only compensation, anyway - somehow a BMW driver just has to distract himself in order to forget about the horrendous service and repair bills...
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

over here thats not at all even close, bmw has the best of the best service. My brother is the shop fourmen for a bmw dealer around orland park and I know he personally takes his work very serious. parts even are not bad over here and again the service is the best..lol

I remember hanging out on the showroom floor one day and a guy (nicely dressed, in his 40's) walks up to the salesmen and says " I'll take this car rite now for cash if we can talk about price"..the salesmen smiles and says "I'll let you test drive, I'll let you have all the time in the world inside the car, but I'm sorry this car will sell itself at the price on the sticker".
the guys face was priceless and he said something like " I have the full amount on me but I need some left over for tax's" the salesmen really nicely smiles again and says "when you have enough for the sticker and the tax's come in and we will sit down, or you can lease or take out a loan rite now to."

the dude was getting pissed and finally said "you wont let this car go for $5,000 off sticker? I have the money rite now!?!"
the salesmen still really nice (and most inportant not cocky) smiles and says " Sir I would love to sell you a car today, but BMW's sell themselves at the price thats on the sticker, nothing less..have a nice day"

lol I was laughing my ass off and I had to do a voice record so i can journal that one...lol the thing thats funny about it is if you walk into a chevy/ford/dodge dealer around here they will be humping your leg for attention.......they will promise you the moon to sell, but at bmw the car sells itself not the fianancing..

May 5, 2004 at 11:18 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

oh by the way everytime I see this companies pretzels (on the bag it says from hannover) I say "greetings from hannover"....lol

May 5, 2004 at 11:28 AM Post #27 of 29
Once upon a time there were a horse and a chicken who were good friends.
They lived on a farm with lots of other animals and were very happy.

One day, while they were playing near the farm's pond, the horse stepped
into a hole of quicksand. The horse rapidly sank and was yelling for his
friend, the chicken, to save him. The chicken thought for a minute, then
ran away.

The chicken ran back to the farmhouse for help, but nobody was there, so
he jumped into the farmer's 633csi BMW. Luckily, the keys were in the
ignition, and the chicken managed to start the car, and put it in gear.
He raced over to the sinkhole, where the horse had almost disappeared by
now. The smart chicken tied a rope around the back of the BMW and threw
the other end around the front legs of the horse. The chicken hopped
back in the driver's seat and stepped on the gas. Ever so slowly, the
horse eased out of the quicksand and jumped to safety.

The horse, still on shaky legs, stuttered: "You just saved my life.
Thank you!" The chicken just said, " don't mention it - that's what
friends are for!!" They returned the BMW and went out to dinner
together in the barnyard.

A few days later, the horse got up from a good night's rest, and heard
some muffled cries for help coming from the backyard. The horse followed
the sounds and came upon a terrible scene: There was his best friend,
the chicken, stuck in a hole of quicksand! The sand was already up to
its neck-feathers and the cries for help had almost stopped.

The horse took a quick look around: No rope in sight. And the farmer had
gone to town with his BMW. What to do? The horse took a deep breath and
spread his body and legs out over the hole. His member was dangling
down right above the poor chicken. "Here, my friend, grab my thingie and
I will pull you to safety!" With its last bit of energy, the chicken
grabbed a hold of the big horse-penis and the horse straightened its
body, pulling the chicken from its trap. With one big step, both were on
solid ground and safe. The chicken slumped down on the ground,
exhausted: "Now you saved my life, my friend!!" The horse just smiled.

And what is the moral of this story?

If you're hung like a horse, you don't need a BMW to pick up chicks.

May 6, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #29 of 29
I think the best reason to get a BMW is because an American, Chris Bangle, has infiltrated BMW and is now designing German cars.
rolleyes.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
Actually, some of his designs are quite good, albeit sometimes odd, though it's nonetheless funny that an American is designing BMW's . . . I'm a big fan of the new M5, although I'm still convinced that the taillights look pooey (for lack of a better word).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back