Realtek Released 2.49 drivers
Jun 17, 2010 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

raymond555

100+ Head-Fier
Jun 17, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #2 of 26
I'm downloading it now.

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 26
Quote:
I went to buy an asus stx today and found out that i dont have any molex connector.that sucks...

Just buy a splitter?  http://ncix.com/products/?sku=31666&vpn=CB-Y8&manufacture=Works

Jun 17, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #4 of 26
Thats great news, i have realtek on my notebook as well... it comes with dolby surround, i'll give them a try. 

Jun 17, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 26

Quote:
 Just buy a splitter?

Thats my problem,I have only two sata(i think,black colored and smaller than the molex,its a new pc)power connectors for the power supply,and i need a splitter that gives me a molex and a sata as well.
Sata->sata+molex...i cant find any of those.
anyway,this is my configuration that I made,and i think its the best you can get from the drivers.
feel free to try it

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #6 of 26
Now that I've been questioning it lately, I've been seeing more Realtek threads and such.  I'm curious what you guys think about Realtek vs. X-Fi as far as music goes.  I could care less about 5.1 and all that crap, but I'm deciding whether to keep my onboard and sell my X-Fi XtremeMusic or going back to the XtremeMusic and not looking back.  From the last time I changed it out, I honestly couldn't tell a difference as far as music went.  Opinions?

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #7 of 26
Jun 17, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #8 of 26

Quote:

Yeah...that thread is more of a DAC/Amp thing.  From what I can tell from my ears, through different speaker setups and headphone setups, the only difference I could tell is basically the X-Fi has more features...which are those that are useless to me.

Jun 17, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #9 of 26
Well, look again...I posted 2 links to RMAA measurements.

Anyways, the biggest SQ improvement on a DAC is to run it on a discrete linear regulated PSU...it makes all the difference in the world
popcorn.gif

Jun 17, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #10 of 26

Quote:
Well, look again...I posted 2 links to RMAA measurements.

Anyways, the biggest SQ improvement on a DAC is to run it on a discrete linear regulated PSU...it makes all the difference in the world
popcorn.gif

What's the download you posted.  I have a later Realtek chipset, anyways.  I realize a DAC will be better than most any sound card.  No doubts there.  My big thing is the difference between onboard and X-Fi.  I'm just trying to figure out if I need to go through the trouble to buy another part to put my sound card back in, or just sell it and stick with onboard. 

Jun 17, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #11 of 26
I used to have a soundblaster live in my previous pc,thats my opinion:
my realtek is a AL889 which supports also eax2 and i really think the bass(lows) are BAD.
no metter how much i try to tune it with the EQ ,the bass is all screwed up,especially the "bass drum",you just hear a sound like someone is drumming on wood...
the guitars in the otherway are more presented in the realtek and sounds better,but i also noticed that the realtek is picking alot of noise and the volume is very low,while the creative had way better volume and way better bass reproduction.
the high also were better on the creative.
think of it as the realtek is 400hp car with fwd and the creative is a 200hp car with rwd,which has less specs,but is more fun...

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #13 of 26

Quote:
does it make a real difference if you update drivers?

For me, I was noticing a more 'crisp/clean' sound with Foobar over iTunes, and now since the update, it's gone.

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #14 of 26
yes there is quite a diffrence,but still sucks generaly...

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #15 of 26

Quote:
yes there is quite a diffrence,but still sucks generaly...

What are you listening through?  Do you have the AC 889a or just 889?  I've never had a problem with the lows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back