Realtek ALC888 Onboard Bit Perfect Pass Through?
Oct 8, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #16 of 26
I'm just listening to stuff in F2k and Winamp.

I had an Audiotrak HD2, actually I went through 2 of them and had the same result; random pops and clicks under ASIO especially when using Windows Explorer.

Then, on a completely different machine, I had same problems with Asus Xonar D2 and ASIO. The last driver update fixed it. Never had problems using KS.

I'm ruined as far as soundcards go now anyway. Absolutely, positively no comparison with Gamma1/2.

Oct 8, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..but if the sample rate in the drivers doesn't match the file you're playing(whatever ASIO or KS), it will be resampled yes!

I dont follow exactly. How would a file at 44.1 from F2k thru KS not match the driver?

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by CodeToad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont follow exactly. How would a file at 44.1 from F2k thru KS not match the driver?

If the driver was set for a different sample rate.

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #19 of 26
yes, you need to increase the latency in the EWDM drivers(which are beta and discontinued btw)...but luckily you can crossflash the european/US HD2 to use the korean firmware, that is then compatible w/ the generic VIA drivers...that kick major *ss! exclusive mode/bit-matched KS, no volume control works whatsoever(not even the master volume)..the only way to control volume is the 64bit attenuator in foobar, and man does it sound sweeeet
smily_headphones1.gif

KS is just a mean for the OS to reach the windows drivers, just like DS/WASAPI or ASIO...you're totally dependent on the system drivers. and they do resample any stream in C-Media based cards...bit-perfect is prolly impossible to achieve on these consumer cards, the C-Media chips drivers are not meant for audio fanatics.

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to get back on topic, I think you need some very old drivers(1.32?) to get fully bit-matched audio on the Realtek chips

Why would the newer drivers not be bit perfect?

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #24 of 26
As I stated above the ones from Gigabyte did that but the ones from Realtek don't.

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #25 of 26
We need start a list of bit perfect hardware, mobo's, sound cards, drivers etc. and stop all this confusing horse****, FUD, misinformation, fables, folklore, ignorance, etc. This is too hard and it shouldn't be. I feel sorry for noobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back