Really? Seriously? Out of all the places, you chose a site DEDICATED TO HEADPHONES AS YOUR SPAMMING PLATFORM?!
May 28, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 7
I think that there are still some issues with the spam filtering that are left over from the site overhaul. They are still working out the kinks, but I'm sure Jude and the team are trying their best to make everything run as smoothly as possible.

May 28, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 7
Probably because headphone systems now are typically built around a computer as a source. The Spammers then targeted it with ads for "love solutions," and saw dollar (pound sterling?) signs thinking people who spend that much time and money around a computer can't get dates without paying somebody to kidnap one of our cousins who now lives in Liverpool or NYC to get married back in the old country. :beyersmile:

May 29, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 7
May 29, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #7 of 7
Seems an oddly specific example? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There were too many clues in the spam posts that suggests they're focusing on a target market from a part of the old British Empire. Independent now (well, three independent states, off the top of my head) but bride kidnapping has been enough of a problem (there was a case of a bride kidnap ring that got busted in Liverpool a few years ago) to get written as plots for cop shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back