Really Random - Himalayan Salt Lamps anyone?
Dec 10, 2008 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

johnation33

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Has anyone bought himalayan salt lamps before? I'm considering buying one on ebay from whoscloset who seems to have good ratings. I am not buying one for the health benefit because personally i believe that is complete bs (psuedoscience) but because I like the soft mood lighting.

I have never seen one in real life however and was wondering if anyone headfi members own one and might be nice enough to post a picture of the lamp? And is peach the best color to get? How bright does it get... can I study with it as my only lighting source?

Dec 10, 2008 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnation33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Has anyone bought himalayan salt lamps before? I'm considering buying one on ebay from whoscloset who seems to have good ratings. I am not buying one for the health benefit because personally i believe that is complete bs (psuedoscience) but because I like the soft mood lighting.

I have never seen one in real life however and was wondering if anyone headfi members own one and might be nice enough to post a picture of the lamp? And is peach the best color to get? How bright does it get... can I study with it as my only lighting source?

I've never bought one, but I've seen them in stores. The larger ones might be enough to read by, if you're close to it, but I don't think it's enough to be your only light source. They do look cool, though.

A word of warning - these suckers are heavy, a lot heavier than you might think. A large one might weigh 20 lbs. or more.

Dec 10, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #3 of 13
Guy at the health store got his owners to buy a boat load last year for X-mas. My wife was next door at Hallmark and I went to the healthfood store to look around and this guy was hard selling me laft right and side ways, saying how it was good for my health. Just seemed like he was in a panic to sell some because X-mas was a few days away and the display was full. They look cool in a temporary way. Everyone wants a blackberry and a BMW were we live and I think he should put them in his trunk and take them out in the country and I think he would have found his target customers. They are neat too look at (If you get the right one as no two are alike and they differ greatly) but the raw finish kind of ruined it, its a lamp but it looks and feels like somethng youd never want to touch.

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #4 of 13
I have a square one about 6x6 inches in size. It has soft orange light that gives a warm glow. I think it react to heat because sometime it feels a little moist, and that depends on temperature and humidity as well. It has a 15 watt bulb and it's bright enough for me to use as a reading light.

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 13
can you post pictures of them by any chance? and what is the size of yours?

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #7 of 13
Hi

I agree with you.

The best part of a Salt Lamp is how beautiful they are to just look at.

One of Mother Nature’s works of art.

The fact that they are made from 250 million year old Salt mined in the Himalayan mountain range and that no two can ever be alike (like humans and snowflakes) was enough to get me into the business as a sideline.

The colors range from light peach to dark peach. We try to keep them in the mid range. They come with a 15 watt bulb so unless you are Abe Lincoln they are not bright enough for reading.

You can replace them with up to a 40 watt bulb, which should make reading easier.

You can read my blog about the “snake oil” “cure all” claims on other Salt Lamp sites by going to Do Salt Lamps Work? Claims for cures ranging from Asthma and other respiratory ailments to allergies and protection from electromagnetic radiation are just a few.

They ARE hygroscopic, drawing moisture from the air. They do produce Negative Ions at close range (not across a 10 foot room as claimed) and are soothing!

The lamps we sell at Crystal Salt Lamps & Tea Lights - Save 50% OFF + FREE SHIPPING, where you can find the pictures you are seeking, are a step above the norm.

Where most sellers have a plain waxed wood base, ours come with a beveled, lacquered and polished Rosewood base, a metal plate on the inner part of the base that the light assembly clips to, making changing the bulb easy and quick.

We offer Free Shipping and discounts for multiple purchases to a single address, so if you have gifts to give, these are the most unique and unusual thing to offer your friends and associates.

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:42 AM Post #9 of 13
I have one with a red bulb in it which glows orange! I've had it for years and love it. But just lately, my cat discovered it was salty, and he's started licking it all off
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #10 of 13
I saw a display of some in the corner of a shop and I must admit, the air felt nicer around them. It seemed less stuffy and more clean. And I noticed this before I read the sign about what they were.

Aug 19, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #12 of 13
Himalayan pink salt is renowned for its natural color, shine, and texture. This salt is extracted from the foothills of the Himalayan range of Pakistan. Above all, this salt is exported in natural form so it is health friendly. This natural salt is the main ingredient for cooking but it has gained fame and name due to decor. Himalayan pink salt lamps are widely used in homes and offices due to their elegant design and amber glow. Mostly, study reveals that everyone has a salt lamp on a desk or room corner to improve overall body health.

Himalayan rock salt lamps have gained worldwide fame due to their unique designs, amber glow, and immense health benefits. Once you bring this iconic piece home later you realize why Himalayan salt lamp is good for you to have around.
Himalayan salt lamps are not only a source of light that glows up the surroundings but it these tiny aesthetic lamps spells their magic where it glows. If you are in the store looking for Himalayan salt lamps sellers will tell you that these lamps do serve more than a lamp. They claim the benefits of these tiny lamps that look tiny but hide much. These pink Himalayan crystal rock salt lamps have attractive designs that make the ordinary place a royal dorm. Nowadays, Himalayan salt are being recommended indoors. Why Himalayan salt lamp is good for you? answer to this question lies in its benefits.

Whether you want a smooth glow to enjoy a few moments of relief and peace or want to enjoy sound sleep, it serves all. Furthermore, suck all negative vibes and freshen up your mood.

Himalayan rock salt lamp benefits​

Himalayan rock salt is an asset of Pakistan that is extracted from the foothills of Pakistan. Unprocessed salt has many unique features that have many health benefits. Whether this salt is used in cooking or for décor both are beneficial. Himalayan rock salt lamp benefits compel people to bring these hand-carved lamps to their homes and workplace. These lamps have attractive designs and a serene amber glow. There is a comprehensive list of Himalayan rock salt lamp benefits from physical health to mental health. In addition, it serves as decent decor as well. In the following the benefits of a salt lamp are listed that depict why Himalayan salt lamp is good for you and your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back