Really not impressed with my recent Shure 425 purchase?
May 21, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #16 of 23
So, this is my first post on Head-fi and I want to start off by saying I hate you all and I hate this website.  I have been sucked into the never ending vortex or IEMs & headphones.  In the past month or so I have purchased more IEMs than one needs.  Well, than I need.  Here is what I have so far:

My really old IEM Altec Lancing UHP336 (served me well for years)

AKG K550
AKG K376
Dunu DN-1000
Audeo Pfe122
Shure SE425

Looking at Westone UM Pro 30 - must resist....

I digress, this thread is about SE425 after all.  I have yet to open my Shure SE425s and am debating if I should just return them or sell them.  I have had them for about 2 weeks and am enjoying some of the other IEMs/Cans.  I love the single driver Pfe 122s.  After reading this thread I am wondering if I'll like the 425s.  I do love vocals and mostly listen to Alternative and/or Rock music.  I am not big on bass but would still like to hear it.  I don't really have a question as I think the subject has been beaten to death.  If I end up opening the 425s, I may write back                                     with my disappointment or appreciation.  Happy hunting.

May 22, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #19 of 23
You won't regret opening them, especially since you listen to rock. The bass is present but not bloated, very tight and precise.
Mids are perfect and intimate, highs have sparkle but do lack a little extension and presence.
Nice detail throughout, comfort is great.

Jul 6, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #21 of 23
The 425 headphones have confused the crap out of me. I hear some tunes that are bright and lush then others that these mini cans seem to destroy. The midrange seems inconsistent to me. This is has been the case when paired with the ipod, qdac and dab radio. Just not convinced they are as tight and fine as the hype would suggest. 

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #22 of 23

I have a perfect seal as well but I find there is no base without some type of equalizer. It certainly is not the IEM to use with an iPhone. I still don't knowwhat to use it for but it feels like a downgrade from my 215s/

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #23 of 23

I don't find any bass whatsoever. Very disappointed and I do enjoy so much many of the IEM's that were less in cost and highly recommended by those on Head-fi. Including you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back