Really disappointed with soundmagic pl11
May 23, 2012 at 6:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rahuldagli

Head-Fier
I recently purchased a pair of soundmagic pl11 after reading some great reviews online. I already own philips headphones shp2500. I thought of comparing it with my Philips shp2500 which costs only slightly higher than pl11. I first burned pl11 for 150 hours using different frequencies like pink noise etc. But as I played the first song I was shattered with its SQ. It sounded very mediocre. The bass was preset however 1/10 times less impactful than shp and could barely hear it. Even EQ didn't helped much. The sound was thin, cold and clinical unlike warm, fuller and smooth sounding shp. Mid-range was the only thing that came close to shp. The only thing in which pl11 excelled was noise isolation which was pretty good. And in every other department shp was much better. In terms of soundstage, imaging, definition really no comparison. 

May 23, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #3 of 7
Thats the nature of the beast i am afriad, reviews are a good guide, but audio is subjective, time to sell your PL11 and buy something else!  Thats assuming you have tried different tips and got a good fit/seal.

May 23, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #7 of 7
Check this massive thread out for something nice and bassy http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-238-iems-compared-astrotec-am-90-added-05-21-12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back