Real or fake sony hybrids?
Feb 26, 2010 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Trysaeder

1000+ Head-Fier
Since tips are such a low tech item I don't think being real or fake would have that much difference.
The real ones cost roughly 19 AUD, while the fake ones cost 7 AUD.
Is there enough of a difference between real and fake to justify the increased cost?
For 19 AUD you get 1 each of SS,S,M,L, which is basically 19 bucks for one pair, whereas the fake ones you get 3 sets of one size, which is 2.33 for one pair.
It is worth it?

Feb 27, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 24
*Bump*

Also, which ebay sellers can be trusted with them?

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 24
I compared the real and the clone before, here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/f...ml#post6181131

BTW, the seller which sells the hybrid clone will ship 9 pairs with any combination of different sizes, i.e. (3S, 3M, 3L), (1S, 4M, 4L), or in my case, all 9 pairs of mid.

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 24
Feb 27, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #6 of 24
most likely fake. The real one comes in 4 sizes (SS,S,M,L) and you can't choose the size of them. however some people have mentioned that the fake ones are pretty good as well. if i ever run out ill buy the fake ones just so i dont have to spend 9 dollars for 1 size

Feb 27, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #8 of 24
They look like the real thing, so they're probably set A from ClieOS' comparison picture. I didn't want to pay $14 after shipping for a kit, so I went with those for $5 shipped. Hopefully ClieOS wasn't just talking about the looks between set A and B, and that they actually do sound almost identical
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #10 of 24
The one from eBayer howtorich2003 does seem to be the high quality clone (set A) I have from Music Valley SP1. If it is, then it will be almost identical to the real Sony one. Those I got previously (set C) is from eBayer lostearbud, and they are very close to the real deal, but not quite there yet. I will probably order a few more from howtorich2003 as well just to see how good they are, but they are more expensive no doubt.

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #11 of 24
that's good to know if i ever decide to order them one day. i have 3 or 4 sets of medium hybrids so dont need anything now but thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #12 of 24
Just ordered 3 large pairs, let's see. So far I am more partial to biflanges than single ones. The BlackBerry IEM has some interesting single flanges, very thick tube with quite thin and rounded outer part. Sort of like look like silicone olives if you want.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The one from eBayer howtorich2003 does seem to be the high quality clone (set A) I have from Music Valley SP1. If it is, then it will be almost identical to the real Sony one. Those I got previously (set C) is from eBayer lostearbud, and they are very close to the real deal, but not quite there yet. I will probably order a few more from howtorich2003 as well just to see how good they are, but they are more expensive no doubt.

Got my eartips fromhowtorich2003 today. I can tell for sure that they are not Sony Hybrid clone, just regular good quality silicone eartips. Those I got from lostearbud are a better buy IMO - you get more pairs, any size combo you like and softer, more comfortable material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back