Real or Fake Beats by Dr. Dre
May 17, 2011 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

gmeipod

New Head-Fier
Are these the real or replica of the Beats by Dr. Dre Tour Headphones?

I Bought them for $50 total from amazon and just wondering they will be the real ones or fake ones.

I heard you can tell if there the replicas if the writing on the back is faded the only thing on the back that looks a little more faded then the actual official ones is the picture of Dre on the back he is a little bit more darker but everything else is actually brighter then the normal replicas that I have seen online.

May 17, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 25
$50 is a pretty fishy price.  But I don't think we can tell if it's fake or not just by looking at the box like this.  You might want to take them out and see how they sound.  There are tons of fakes though, so I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they are.

May 17, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 25
Thanks but Im hopin there real but I wont be surprised if there fake If I start to notice if they go down in quality after I use them ill get the real Skullcandy Full Metal Jackets. Just got the Dre's because they look cool.

May 17, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #4 of 25

Quote:
Thanks but Im hopin there real but I wont be surprised if there fake If I start to notice if they go down in quality after I use them ill get the real Skullcandy Full Metal Jackets. Just got the Dre's because they look cool.

I'd personally recommend something else other than the skullcandies.  There are many better choices out there that look, IMO, better and cost less, but sound far better.

Anyway, I'd say just open it up and see.  The genuine Tours don't sound great to begin with, and the fakes should sound downright awful.

May 17, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #8 of 25
XB500
end game

Seconding this, it's probably one of the best sub $50 bassy headphones that you can get, the AKG K518 are also an option.
If you want to go towards in-ears then the Klipsch Promedia (Same thing as the S4/S4i) or Brainwavz M2 are some options, both are in that $50 price range.

May 17, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #9 of 25
haha really I didnt know
But I just want bass you can feel if you know what I mean. Like the normal iPod headphones them just make a noise that sounds like bass but doesnt give that affect. I want the true affect of the bass as if you had the over the head earphone. I have no idea if that made sence.

May 17, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #10 of 25

Quote:
haha really I didnt know
But I just want bass you can feel if you know what I mean. Like the normal iPod headphones them just make a noise that sounds like bass but doesnt give that affect. I want the true affect of the bass as if you had the over the head earphone. I have no idea if that made sence.

So you want in-ear headphones then?  Not around-ear ones?  You still need to state your price range though.  Sounds like it's around $50 though?  Yeah, I'd look at the Brainwavz lineup.  They're probably pretty good.  Though it's really hard to get bass you can "feel" out of IEMs, especially in this price range.

May 17, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #11 of 25
If they are nice then I would go with the over the head earphones to get better quality. The in ear earphones are easier to carry around and if they dont look to nice nobody can barely see it. The smaller over the head earphones usually grab onto your hair and rip it off atleast the kind I used to have back from like 6 years ago from dollar tree haha. But my price range right now is $50 but I can save up to get $150 headphones in about 1 or 2 months as long as there good quality.

May 17, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #12 of 25

Quote:
If they are nice then I would go with the over the head earphones to get better quality. The in ear earphones are easier to carry around and if they dont look to nice nobody can barely see it. The smaller over the head earphones usually grab onto your hair and rip it off atleast the kind I used to have back from like 6 years ago from dollar tree haha. But my price range right now is $50 but I can save up to get $150 headphones in about 1 or 2 months as long as there good quality.

Hm, well, if you're willing to go up to $150 you should check out the Phiaton MS 400s.  I think they look pretty awesome and they apparently sound pretty good too.  They are just a little bit big though, but they do fold up, I think.

May 17, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #13 of 25
I Just canceled my order for them headphones because I am really not feelin good about them cause I heard the Fake ones last a month and they break so I will see what I am doin with the money.

May 17, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #14 of 25
Hm?  You mean you sent them back?  Well whatever the case, the Tours aren't very good for their price point.  In fact, if you wanted something stylish and great, you should go for the Turbines. You can get them for $50 refurbished at the Monster outlet store, which is a very good deal.  Though I think you can only get that deal if you live in the united states.

May 17, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #15 of 25
You probably won't be able to tell by the sound quality 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back