REAL King of the IEM world (universal fit); W3 vs TF10 vs IE8 vs SE530 vs X10
Dec 21, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #16 of 31
I tried the SE530, W3, TF10 and i own the IE8. IE8 goes for me. I love the laid-back, dark sounded, very wide soundstage and deep bass and comfortable IE8 .

Followed by the W3 for it's nice highs and clarity all rounder for lows, mids and highs, design, sound isolation.

Thirdly, TF10. Deep and boomy bass with very sparkling highs.

Last of the 4 for me, SE530. Very Very full and excellent mids and design and sound isolation.

I haven't tried the Klipsch X10 though, i might try it out one of these days.

Not alot of people who owns the W3 also owns/tried the IE8, maybe that is why i see more people voting for the W3. And there are more people who owns the W3 as well rather than IE8 i guess...

Dec 21, 2008 at 12:21 PM Post #17 of 31
I've owned or own the X10's, E500's and W3's plus thanks to another local Head-Fier I've had a couple of extended auditions of the Triple.fi's and will have one with the IE8's probably within the next couple of weeks. Considering I haven't heard all of them I won't vote at this point but as of now I'd have a hard time saying which of the X10's, E500's and Triple.fi's that I think are better, each have their pluses and minuses but at this point I do think the W3's stand above the others I've heard.

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #19 of 31
IE8.
biggrin.gif
Prefer them to the Shure SE530 and UE Triple. Fi 10 Pro.

Dec 26, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #20 of 31
After read so many gd opinion about IE8, I decided to give a try of IE8 today. Currently I am only using UE 5 pro for outdoor.

Note: I have been using K702 and D5000 most of the time at home. I think my ear has already slowly adapts to these 2 sound signatures. Since IEM some even more expensive than full size headphone, so I really demand the SQ as good as full size apart taking advantage of the size.

IE8: Very well balance sound but it just missing the high and detail that in K702. I read user comment about how open in this amazing IEM but I was dissapointed. Will more burn in bring out the detail and high? This IEM is comfy and I quite like the low and quantity of bass.

530: I pick 530 to test against IE8 as reference, as everyone comment mid is 530 strong point, indeed but I feel slightly over for my taste. I played "The Prayer (Duet With Andrea Bocelli) by Celine Dion", it is good, but not enough the amount that move me like K702 because this is the song that make me buy K702. I felt the amount of lower mid over shadow the detail of the vocal.

UE10pro: I test this before, just want to make sure nothing wrong with my Mustang, if the detail and high just don't really come out so well in IE8 and 530. As a result, the detail and high still there. But how I wish it have the punchy bass like D5000 or even IE8. Not sure if UE11 will make it more balance.

W3: Tested quite sometime ago, don't really like the sound signature but very short listen only.

Newbie here, sorry for any mistaken in describing sounds.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #22 of 31
i think people are getting a little too worked up over this poll. This poll is simply comparing head-fier's opinions on the flagship models from the top 5 IEM producers.

Of course this will not be conclusive because, other than Headphone Addict and maybe a couple others, not many people have heard more than three of these 'phones critically. Further, we can agree that this business is all very subjective.

With that said, I voted for the x10 because the perfectly suit my musical tastes. However, I'd love to give the Westone 3 a try...

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by musictang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my vote:

1.W3
2.Shure530
3.fi10

My vote changed after audition over lastest come in IE8,

Total time of audition: 3-4 hours for W3 vs Shure530 vs Fi10 vs IE8

i prefer:

1.IE8
2.W3
3.Shure530
4.TF fi.10

**haven't have a chance to audition X10

Dec 27, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #27 of 31
I think what jinx is asking is not of the methodology, but how it is possible to, "test drive," a set of custom IEMs without actually buying a set.

-Ed

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Ng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think what jinx is asking is not of the methodology, but how it is possible to, "test drive," a set of custom IEMs without actually buying a set.

-Ed

we have a local shop here, let you test the iem at your comfort time. very nice uncle there. so i managed to try out ie8, 530 and ue10pro but w3 is tested by other ppl and i don't want to wait. sometime ppl test more than 30min there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Test equipment: Nano line out->Mustang->iem

Dec 27, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by badbad2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we have a local shop here, let you test the iem at your comfort time. very nice uncle there. so i managed to try out ie8, 530 and ue10pro but w3 is tested by other ppl and i don't want to wait. sometime ppl test more than 30min there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Test equipment: Nano line out->Mustang->iem

Are in Singapore? i test even longer while even longer for IEM and tips.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back