REAL King of the IEM world (universal fit); W3 vs TF10 vs IE8 vs SE530 vs X10
Dec 21, 2008 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

canadianbif

Head-Fier
Adding the other 2 the other guy forgot:
this is the real competition

I read the other thread and i know its still inconclusive, but i'm curious to see how it will turn out

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #2 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbif /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Adding the other 2 the other guy forgot:
this is the real competition

I read the other thread and i know its still inconclusive, but i'm curious to see how it will turn out

I voted for the Westone 3's, but of course that is the only IEM in the poll that I have heard. I wonder how many people that will vote here have actually critically listened to them all. My guess would be that there are only a few...

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #4 of 31
I have not recall to have heard all of the ones in that list, but among the ones I recall, the Klipsch is my favorite...

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted for the Westone 3's, but of course that is the only IEM in the poll that I have heard. I wonder how many people that will vote here have actually critically listened to them all. My guess would be that there are only a few...

That's exactly why this poll will not be useful as the poster wished.

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 31
then i dont really see the point of the result. coz most ppl would not be able to help to vote for the one that they have, instead of the one might best suit the title "IEM King". Hell, who really have owned all these pairs and to make a choice?

I didn't vote anyway, since i only have IE8. Though I love it soooo much, i'm sure there are so many other owners of W3 and TF10's love their phones as much as i do too. I'd love to get to own one of those too to seriously try them out.

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not recall to have heard all of the ones in that list, but among the ones I recall, the Klipsch is my favorite...

Sovkiller, I remember you once advocating phones like the Portapro over IEMs. At the time I disagreed with you but acquiring a ksc75 and comparing it to my tf10pro and C751 I now agree with you that IEMs are compromised. For instance IEMs can't faithfully reproduce hand claps. Going by your signature, I hope you haven't change your opinion.
regular_smile .gif

BTW, I voted for the tf10 - only one I have heard.

Dec 21, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by vedye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
then i dont really see the point of the result.

I think the point of the poll is to somewhat gauge the current popularity of the IEMs listed. There's really nothing else it could tell you.

Dec 21, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the point of the poll is to somewhat gauge the current popularity of the IEMs listed. There's really nothing else it could tell you.

Essentially that could be one of its uses

Dec 21, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #12 of 31
The poll is moot unless everyone voting has actually spent time with the listed earphones.

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #13 of 31
my vote:

1.W3
2.Shure530
3.fi10

testime: 1 hours plus
source: Sony S739 (with flat and EQ)

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #14 of 31
after with sony walkman, i also listen W3 with ipod nano, after 1-2 minutes i shld say nano player is not my cup of tea...

the sound just so.....
if EQ the sound even more......

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #15 of 31
I have owned 4 of the 5 except for Senn IE8, and I picked Westone 3.

Second place is Image X10, then SE530, then Triple.fi - all which still beat q-JAYS, SA6, C700, Super.fi and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back