Real Hip Hop recommendations!
Apr 15, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #347 of 637

dt880smile.png

Apr 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #351 of 637
I classify it as Experimental Hip Hop, but Dub FX may be my favorite artist of all time. His first album 'Everythinks a Ripple' is just stunning. Every single sound on the album was made using his voice. Watching him perform live just leaves me speechless.

I would definitely check it out. It's not quite the same as groups like The Roots, but it's just amazing.

Here's a good shot of what he performs live with.

EDIT: I think the most traditional Hip Hop sounding song on the album is 'Step on My Trip'. A personal favorite.

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #353 of 637
Their videos are stupid though. I always have to look at the coments whilst listening to them
frown.gif
Especially that earl sweatshirt video of them bleeding from their eyes and what not, taking out their teeth and nails.

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #355 of 637

Audible Mainframe are fan-freakin'-tastic. Pretty much every song they've ever made are on my summer playlist.

Substantial is also brilliant. And Nujabes is... well, Nujabes. Double brilliance.

These guys will split opinions. If you ignore the music video (a bunch of nerdy guys trying to look tough) I think it's a pretty decent rap song. Sick flows, too.

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #356 of 637
Haha, dude I just can't feel that RIA. Maybe it's their voices or poor production or something... Paired with the video, it's hilarious. 

This isn't real hip hop by any means, but it's a straight thug song. Get through the gay intro. Check out snoop dogg in the wheelchair haha

Apr 20, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #357 of 637
I just can't get into the gangsta-stuff. Just sounds silly, all of those new-age 'gangsters' are fronting way too much.

..With some exceptions :wink: I'm still more about the soul and the poetry than the G-gimmick, but to each their own.

Apr 20, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #358 of 637
Oh hands down. I don't like the gangster scene either. I just thought you would get a good laugh out of it. I posted it because it reminded me of those white rappers you posted earlier, the RIA guys. 

Apr 21, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #359 of 637
Heh, I usually just get annoyed when I see or hear the G-gimmick in action, but cheers for the thought :p

I don't know if you'll get anything out of this as two verses are in Finnish, but it's still a pretty chill track.

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #360 of 637
CunninLynguists... they own everything else out there big time, have to admit there are other nice recommendations here but still this is my #1 and i got over 1000+ hip-hop albums at home.

Also Looptroop is worth recommendation among the not very well known ones:

And one of looptroops mc's has decent solo albums:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back