Real Hip Hop recommendations!
Jan 22, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #241 of 637
yeah, oh here are some emcees that have alot of respect in the game but i haven't really gotten into listening to them just yet black dante (mos def), cannibus, and rakim (anyone nas makes a 'unauthorized biography abnout' has to be good lol)

Jan 22, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #242 of 637
Yeah there are a ton of rappers that are known to be legendary that I need to get into. Apparently theres some new guy Brandon Lamar that Lil Wayne's labeled just signed and he's suppose to be pretty legit, but knowing young money he'll rap about money, cars and hoes :frowning2:

Jan 23, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #243 of 637

Quote:
yeah, oh here are some emcees that have alot of respect in the game but i haven't really gotten into listening to them just yet black dante (mos def), cannibus, and rakim (anyone nas makes a 'unauthorized biography abnout' has to be good lol)

Rakim is one of the people who pioneered rap as we know it. Can't have too much respect for the man.

So yeah he's pretty good :)

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #244 of 637
I don't really listen to Canibus but I love Master Thesis.  It's just so ridiculous in terms of content.

Don't like his voice at all though.

Jan 23, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #246 of 637
After last year's number 3 deception talib kweli finally made up for the horror that is called reflection eternal - revolutions per minute. It's his new album which is listenable for free on his myspace, and it sounds really decent with two great songs (so far, i've not listened to all of them yet) called So Low and Cold Rain.

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #247 of 637
I've recently been delving into K-Rino's catalog and really enjoying it. He's done so much so it's going to take a while to get a good handle on him hehe.

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #250 of 637
@Cal, I quite like his voice....sometimes it can get annoying though.

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #253 of 637
For some reason I completely forgot about the In Ya Mellow Tone cd-series when writing my earlier suggestions. If you like...well, mellow tones, and overall relaxed sounds you should definitely check it out. A ton of absolute classics that have gone under the radar for most.

Jan 27, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #254 of 637

Quote:
For some reason I completely forgot about the In Ya Mellow Tone cd-series when writing my earlier suggestions. If you like...well, mellow tones, and overall relaxed sounds you should definitely check it out. A ton of absolute classics that have gone under the radar for most.

I'm liking that first link... A lot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back