Read Sennheiser's Annual Report & win a HD 800!
Aug 3, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #32 of 180
I would like to enter this contest.

Aug 4, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #34 of 180
That was a pretty good read! Anyways I'm in as well!

Aug 4, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #35 of 180
Count me in! :)

Aug 4, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #36 of 180
Hey Rosmadi,
I've read over the terms, and I was wondering how significant an amount the "tax obligations, and...other fees or costs associated with receiving the prize awarded" would come out to. I would love to enter the contest, but being charged a significant amount of money may not be within my means at the moment, even for such amazing headphones. Is there any way to ballpark an amount prior to my entering? I don't want to put myself at any financial risk.
Brandon

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #37 of 180

Quote:
Hey Rosmadi,
I've read over the terms, and I was wondering how significant an amount the "tax obligations, and...other fees or costs associated with receiving the prize awarded" would come out to. I would love to enter the contest, but being charged a significant amount of money may not be within my means at the moment, even for such amazing headphones. Is there any way to ballpark an amount prior to my entering? I don't want to put myself at any financial risk.
Brandon

I think that's where we Canucks may be better off then you American's. Over here a prize isn't taxed and as far as I know it isn't even charged tariff's if it comes from overseas.

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #38 of 180
umm..depends by state. for Cali...as far as taxes for gifts, 7.25 for state and local taxes for goods and services. HOWEVER, goods shipped from online dealers are not taxed, yet, at least if AB153 isn't passed before the draw. There's also a federal import tax, but i can really dig into it right now. ><

TL:DR
basically, only federal import taxes. 

Aug 4, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #41 of 180
im in for sure these are my dream cans!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #45 of 180

Quote:
I think that's where we Canucks may be better off then you American's. Over here a prize isn't taxed and as far as I know it isn't even charged tariff's if it comes from overseas.

I've been taxed and had to pay customs on prizes before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back