Reach Headphone Nirvana $1,000?, Yes you can!!! (HD 598)
Jan 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Magicman74

500+ Head-Fier
So can you reach headphone Nirvana with a budget of under $1,000 my answer a big fat YES!!
 Being my wife's birthday is tomorrow we were out and about last night and happened to end up at Best Buy.
She has given me Stuff for years about my " Little Hobby" as she calls it. But she was in the search of a new headphone herself.  Yes funny my little " Hobby" but when she want's something it's a different story...HA HA

So we check out some Blu-Rays we were after and stroll into Magnolia.  We tried out the normal listen station and I look over and notice the biggest smile on her face.   By the way I like the K550, a little big but they sound pretty good.
So what is on her head you ask?  That's right she is wearing the Sennheiser HD 598, In my eye a small tear started.
 I didn't even have to push her that way being a Senn fan, it was wonderful.

So we make the buy and head on home, After dinner and a few drinks.
She tells me " Hook it up" I have no idea what all this stuff is over here.
So I grab the Marantz, The M-Stage, plug the Sidewinders in and she is off and running. I'm in pain for the next 3 Hours having to endure " Her Music" , Depeche Mode, The Cure, ABC, And the likes. Yeah 80'S teens what can I say?

By this time I'm dying, When is my turn I'm thinking?
So finally at 1:30 this morning she's like Damn it I have to get up at 5 for work, I smile thinking, Oh I'm sorry...
Finally my turn, So I grab some Isaac Hayes off the shelve, Turn off the light's and I'm instantly taken to another place.
The 598's are magical, Isaac is in the room with me, standing right at the foot of my bed.  It's the first time a headphone has given me goosebumps.  Just Amazing!!!   So the moral of the story, I don't think you have to spend all that much to reach headphone Nirvana.  $1,000 is a lot of cash for most people but personally I think we've hit the jackpot...

Gear used:

Sennheiser HD 598- $212

Marantz Cd 5004-$350

Matrix M-Stage v.2 w/LT1364-$270

Audioquest Sidewinder-$75

Isaac Hayes-MFSL-$50

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #2 of 5
What were you eating and drinking? I'd like to try some with my HD558!

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
What were you eating and drinking? I'd like to try some with my HD558!

I had the Fiilet and a few Becks, she went with the Cobb salad, no eggs!!!

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
LOL cool story bro 

I was sure to get rickroll'd at the end but that didnt happen.

Cool to know the 598 is amazing value for the price tho, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back