RE2 owners: help me get the tip in
Dec 16, 2009 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xyz

100+ Head-Fier
*rimshot*

seriously..first IEMs. were cheap and just wanted to test fit moreso than sound. the clear tips that look like two of the black tips stacked on top of eachother felt a bit too snug and i pulled them off not realizing how tight they were on..i now can't get any of the smaller ones back on including the ones i just pulled off..worried i might damage either the tip or the earphone. is any trick to this or just blindly force? also what are the little strip of mesh circles for? i can see them on the earphones but do they need to be replaced every so often? might as well learn about that while i'm here too..better to trial and error on these before i step up a couple notches on the quality scale.

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #2 of 4
i dont have the re2 but it may be similar to the re0. try flipped the tips inside out and trying to put it on that way.

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #3 of 4
after smashing in one of the mesh seal things i was able to get them on and off a couple times though still basically just out of luck. still don't have a surefire way of going about it and would have an anxiety attack if i was forced to attach them on the go out in public.

the smallest tips fit me best. i can get the mediums in, they possibly could give me better seal but comfort is really just as important as SQ right now...still don't really like the idea of having something lodged in my ear which is why i've stalled so long on trying a pair of these.

i've read shure olives go well with the RE0's so i'm assuming they'll go well with the RE2's as well (not to mention i could soon just give these away and move up to RE0's anyway). would the small sized shure olives be about the same size as the smallest tips that come with the RE2's? any other tip suggestions to look for? as i said comfort is key. i'm assuming foam feels best. any downfall? i'd imagine they don't last as long as rubber tips as you can't properly clean them? i know i could probably go through days of threads that have covered all this stuff but it's a pretty daunting task considering i've neglected any IEM discussion in the 5 or so years i've followed head-fi.

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #4 of 4
TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back