RE0's broke / need suggestions for a good replacement
Sep 11, 2011 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Potamotrygon

New Head-Fier
When I am wearing these IEMs, if the left earpiece is in my ear it will not produce sound. If I push on it gently, it starts working as if normal. But when there is negative pressure from the earpiece sealing in my earcanal, it doesn't work. This just started today and the right earpiece works fine. Any input?

thanks

edit: I purchased them from amazon, the actual seller is apparently DB Roth. http://www.amazon.com/HeadDirect-RE0-HEAD-DIRECT-In-ear-Headphones/dp/B001MQ8BL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315758793&sr=8-1
from the top review:

Quote:
"Having said that, I did run into a problem with with these phones: after six months, the left side stopped working. I'm not sure how prevalent this is, but an alarming number of other buyers here have had the problem, and a quick internet search shows even more. The product could still be worth it, but not from this seller: DBRoth, in an effort to keep their prices so low, will only replace a product within 7 days. HeadDirect's warranty does not extend to items bought through this seller. The price is the *exact* same on HeadDirect's site, so if you want to purchase these then I advise you to go through there instead. 

The sound quality IS excellent, and had I found somebody willing to fix these I would still be able to recommend them, at least to those who like more a more analytical sound. However, there is no reason to buy them through this seller- they are no cheaper than the MSRP and price at HeadDirect's website, and are not covered by any warranty. Since there appears to be a very real possibility that these can fail, you should NOT buy them without the warranty."

sounds like I'm screwed.

edit: might as well ask about what a good replacement for them would be. I like the sound pretty well but wouldn't mind a bit more bass. 
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back