Re0s and Bass
Nov 27, 2011 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Scuttlebutte

New Head-Fier
Does anybody have any recommendations for making the Re0s more bass-ey?  I currently use the Re0s (equipped with Shure Olives) with a Cowon J3.  I might be in the market for a portable amp, but the selection is making it a little overwhelming for me to make a purchase without some advice folks who have tried their Re0s with different amps.  Any helpful recommendations would be greatly appreciated...

Nov 27, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 7
The ZO will add more bass and 18AWG Pure Cryo cables are recommended. The AMPs like E10, E11, T3, Tomahawk are also recommended and they will add more bass to the RE0.

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #3 of 7
If you wanna go cheap E6, it might degrade SQ a little tho...

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 7
Don't waste time with  "cryo cables". A ZO would be a good option, or maybe even think about a different IEM if you need a significant boost. For example, the TF10 are very analytical with a superb bass end.

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #5 of 7
skip the TF10s, they sounded muddy to me after hearing the RE262s, but the EX series, I currently am using the EX600s, have the best of both the TF10s, with the very nice but muddy bass, but add the clearity of the 262s, and you have the EX600s, with a superb low end and a huge!! soundstage along with tons of instrument seperation!!

but yes the ZO would be an excellent addition to your RE0s, but let them work out the bugs before you go ahead and get one the ZOv2.3 will be the next fix? I currently use the ZOv1 with the Voyager amp iPod classic 7th gen, and the EX600s, and may I say it is a very very healthy audion combo!!

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks folks--I'm going to look into the ZO.  Would be interested in trying either the TF 10s or EX600 someday, but I just fronted a few too many bones for a pair of IEMs that compliment the Re0s and don't want to accumulate further guilt (although guilt accompanied by sonically pleasing tales of woe is more tolerable than other renditions of the feeling, I suppose :wink: ).

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #7 of 7
you also might want to read up on JVCs HA-FXT90s, they sound as if they will have alot of what the EX series offers, but with less bright and sibilant treble? I will be picking up a pair soon, and insted of multi BAs, you listen with multi dynamic drivers! (well two), and at a cost of around $130.00 they seem as if they would be a good bang/listen for the buck!

I loved the TF10s, and like I said they were an awesome intro into the world of Higher-Fi, but....they are from an older class of IEMs, and the industry seems to have made some significant breakthroughs in the world of IEM sound since the birth of the TF10? but BAs an DDs each offer something the other can't, so it depends on what you listen to music wise, and what will benefit you the most!

I've discovered from going in the direction of starting out with the TF10s, and then going to the RE series, that the 10s sounded muddy after listening to the 262s, and I just couldn't go back to them, ugh! and from there onto the EX600s, all very great IEMs, I look at it as growing into a sound that I discover and wind up liking the most, we all have to start somewhere

but if you do get a set of the TF10s, post what you find, in going from the RE series to the UE series, DDs to BAs? I would be very interested to know how you enjoy them compared to the RE0 that you have now,

oh and if you decide on getting a ZO! which is utterly freakingfantastic btw, wait until they work out the kinks, V2.3 or so, so you get the full effect of what it has to offer,

and when I had my 262s, using the large bi-flange tips really helped out with the bass end alot! in fact I use the lbf tips with the 600s, and I will probably do so for any other IEMs I wind up using, they are very nice! with opening up the sound, any other tips that I've tried seem to muddy up what I 'm hearing? go figure,

anywho, happy listening, ho ho ho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back