RE0 vs. RE2 Initial Impressions
Sep 18, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there is one thing I notice about the combo of Nano and RE0, that is RE0 really sounds sub-par out of a Nano's headphone-out. In comparison, my Fuze's headphone-out does a much better job with RE0. IMO, Nano simply doesn't have what needed to show RE0 potential.

Yes, I could see this happening.

Sep 18, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
off topic but.. Towert7, you have three Havana's?

I wish!!!

No, Just 2 loop outs, so all 3 things are connected to one source.
smile.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

excuse my ignorance, but what is a loop out? the reason i passed on the havana dac was because there was only 1 output

Think of it as splitting the output signal.
In electrical terms, you are connecting 2 or more things in parallel.

This is how I have my setup connected:
Havana output -> GS-1 input -> GS-1 Loop out -> HEV70 input -> HEV70 Loop out -> Denon Receiver.

The loop outs are actually built into the equipment. However, you could achieve the same thing with a simple RCA splitter ex ex2.

As long as only one piece of equipment is powered on, it is essentially the same as if you had just directly connected the source to that piece of equipment.

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

thanks for that info

what happens if all 3 are on at once?

In my case I notice no difference. But you do have to be aware that one source is feeding 3 things, and it then depends on impedance matching between components and how good the source is at driving things.

Connect up too many things and you will reach a point where the source has trouble driving all of them.
I regularly just have my speaker amp on or my headphone amps. It makes no sense for me to have both on.

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tend to think of Yuin as more famously neutral, not 100% through their product lineup (ex. PK1), but it is largely their gearing.

Personally, I find PK series far from being neutral (as in flat freq. resp.), but PK1 does sound fairly natural (as in tuned toward speaker-like presentation), but PK3 definitely has more bass than neutral.

I would say RE0 as the most neutral of all the IEM I heard - most IEM have highlight on either bass and/or upper vocal (4~6kHz region) for a more natural sound, but RE0 is pretty flat to my ear across most freq. range. It might sound a bit recessed/dark if you compared to other IEM, but for me that is how a neutral sound should be like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back