RE0 vs. Fischer's Eterna v2 vs. Brainwavz M1 or M2
Jul 14, 2010 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ali89

New Head-Fier
Which headphone would be the best for heavy metal? Also, too many different genre of metal music except for scream'os. I am not planning on using an amp, one of these headphones will become my ipod touch 3rd gen headphones. I listen to 320kps bit rate music.

PS: My other thread got deleted or removed or something like that. Admins won't respond to my inquiries.

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 9
I am adding HJE900 to the list. I am still not sure which headphones would be the best for my useage. Is the HJE900 worth the extra $50? SOMEONE!, help me make up my mind.
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 15, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #3 of 9
Well I'd put the Eterna ahead of the RE0 for sure when it comes to metal, but I can't help with comparing the others. RE0's a bit light on the bass with its strength being its treble quality. It's a great IEM, but not really the kind of thing you should be looking for as a metalhead.

Jul 16, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #4 of 9
i have RE0 and Fischer Eterna Rev.2

Eterna - realy easy to drive they don't need an amp of some sort , very bassy and punchy with realy wide stage compared to RE0 , also great high clear trables but mid's kinda averge overall they are awesome im'es!

i use tham mose for electonic music and hip-hop

RE0 - to get their full potencial you'll need an amp , realy great very clear and crisp trables , very precise and detailed sound and with a good amp they also preduce a great punchy bass but Eterna's got the upper hand in bass and stage terms. overall they are awesome bang for the buck im'es but realy need a good amp to driven tham so you'll need to spend some more few $$

For metalhead i'll say RE0+AMP will be the choice
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 16, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #5 of 9
Like I said before, I am not getting an amp. So its either Fischer Rev. 2 or HJE900. I am able to get the HJE900 today since I live in NYC, near J&R. How great is the HJE900 when it comes to metal?

Jul 16, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
K, I am going for the HJE900. What music should I listen to in order to burn them in properly?

Play them w/ anything of good quality that doesn't distort or clip for a day or two off and on for a few hours each.  Don't go past 70% max volume first few days.  Good choice btw.

Jul 17, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #9 of 9
Nice pick, I'd have suggested them too. Here's a review. They can be worn anyway you want. Generally the preferred way is up and behind the ears, because it gives less microphonics and is more comfortable. If you check the review thread there is a picture I think on the first few pages (not counting the ones at OP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back