RE0, SRH440, or SR60?
Dec 23, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #16 of 32
The only good headphones/earphones I have right now are my SCL3s. I know there are better phones out there, but when I mention wanting to get another pair to my father he tells me I should get a pair of Grados, because they've got better sound for the money. I'm sure I would enjoy full size headphones, but I feel like I would get more use out of an IEM. If I do get IEMs, isolation is a deal-breaker, which is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to get the RE0s, but if isolation with shure olives is good I'll consider them. I can't see myself using full size headphones outside of the house that often, so isolation isn't that important.

I listen to rock, some hip-hop, some electronica. I don't have an amp, I never needed one with my SCL3s.

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #17 of 32
Your father has obviously never heard the RE0
smily_headphones1.gif
The SR60 are great bang for the buck, but the RE0 offer an atomic explosion for your buck. I wouldn't expect a full-sized to sound as good as the RE0 until the $500+ range.

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your father has obviously never heard the RE0
smily_headphones1.gif
The SR60 are great bang for the buck, but the RE0 offer an atomic explosion for your buck. I wouldn't expect a full-sized to sound as good as the RE0 until the $500+ range.

Well, HD650 or K701 can be had for less than $300 and can sound better than RE0, but you will also need at least a $500 amp to drive them to make them surpass RE0.
icon10.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #19 of 32
oh that cant good for people who have them now and eventually when they upgrade

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #20 of 32
I have shures, etys, and the re0, and definitely the etys isolate the most. I doubt many IEMs come close to them. However, that doesn't mean the re0 is a slouch when it comes to isolation. I use the shure black flex sleeves and I pretty much can't hear anything when I'm on a train or plane.

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #21 of 32
Speaking from owning a pair of Grado SR-125 and having heard the SR-225, MS-1 and MS-2i, the RE0 is by far more transparent, detailed, and extended in both ends of the frequency spectrum, so for Head-Directs asking price of $79, it's a no brainer.

Just a note though, I do find my Grado's HF-2 to be more fun though given it's little mid bass hump

Dec 24, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

I wouldn't expect a full-sized to sound as good as the RE0 until the $500+ range.

I completely love my RE0, but this claim = lols, for sure...

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterControversy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you considered Klipsch S4?

Not really. I've read that they're bass oriented, and coming from what I have now I don't know if I'd like them. I listened to my dad's v moda spins the other day and it sounded like I was listening to my music through a seashell.
tongue.gif

I've decided to just buy the RE0s, and if I don't think they're worth it I'll just sell 'em here.

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I completely love my RE0, but this claim = lols, for sure...

I'd be interested in any current production full-sized headphone that can match the neutrality and clarity of the RE0 for under $500. Factoring the amp into the equation, which is necessary when you use one of those high-impedance headphones, it's not possible.

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #26 of 32
Alright, I bought 'em. What's shipping time like?

Dec 24, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

I'd be interested in any current production full-sized headphone that can match the neutrality and clarity of the RE0 for under $500. Factoring the amp into the equation, which is necessary when you use one of those high-impedance headphones, it's not possible.

Well, "neutrality" and "clarity" are not always synonymous with "sound as good as", but the HD600 is by far a better headphone than the RE0 in all respects I can think of other than these two. It's true that they need good amping to perform their best, but in my opinion, so do the RE0.

Dec 24, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by semisight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, I bought 'em. What's shipping time like?

if you are in the US, then probably roughly 3 days but probably a bit more since it is around christmas time

Dec 24, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, "neutrality" and "clarity" are not always synonymous with "sound as good as", but the HD600 is by far a better headphone than the RE0 in all respects I can think of other than these two. It's true that they need good amping to perform their best, but in my opinion, so do the RE0.

A case of different strokes for different folks, I suppose. I didn't care for the HD600 at all when I heard them, but I love my RE0.

Dec 24, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

I might have to agree with this as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back