RE0, RE1, or RE2
Jan 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Geez IEM's are difficult lol

Now I am undecided, whether to go for RE0 or Nuforce NE6/7m. There are just so many people saying that the nuforce beat any sub $100-150 IEM on the market, and it got me thinking.

really? i haven't heard any of this nuforce beating any sub $100-150 IEM on the market. can you show where you saw that? the only time i've heard about that was when there wasn't much competition in the $50 range and they were one of the few options.

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Geez IEM's are difficult lol

Now I am undecided, whether to go for RE0 or Nuforce NE6/7m. There are just so many people saying that the nuforce beat any sub $100-150 IEM on the market, and it got me thinking.

SO...

RE0 or NE6/7m (I hear the NE8 is much to bass light for metal)

opinions on sound quality would be great

I haven't heard the NE6/7 but the RE0 has been rated to be top tier for IEMs. It isn't a sub $150 IEM, it's a $200 IEM. Head Direct is just really really nice extending the sale for so long. Get them at this price while you can.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #18 of 26
@vochiogi: pretend you're listening to a performer in a space. Forward means they sound close. Recessed mean they sound far..

@Gage: The Fiio E5 goes for $22 at Head Direct, I think, and they run the RE phones just fine.

My opinion: The RE1 recesses the upper mids, while the RE0s are very treble-forward and bass-recessed. Neither are bad phones, and preference seems a matter of taste.

Also, RE0 should be amped, while RE1 MUST be amped.

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by semisight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The RE0 should have the best isolation. IIRC, the other two are semi-open designs.

Thanks for the info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hentai11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My opinion: The RE1 recesses the upper mids, while the RE0s are very treble-forward and bass-recessed. Neither are bad phones, and preference seems a matter of taste.

How would you describe the RE2's sound signature in that context? Do the RE0s have more bass than them?

Jan 27, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #20 of 26
Perhaps in comparison to many other phones with exaggerated bass and awful treble, yes they do have forward treble and recessed bass. However, they are totally accuarte. I don't think they are inaccurate in any way except maybe slightly slightly recessed mids.

Jan 27, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps in comparison to many other phones with exaggerated bass and awful treble, yes they do have forward treble and recessed bass. However, they are totally accuarte. I don't think they are inaccurate in any way except maybe slightly slightly recessed mids.

++ Although, I also think the upper treble has a couple of peaks - one at around 10 kHz and another one at around 14 kHz. No big deal though.

Jan 27, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by alraike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would you describe the RE2's sound signature in that context? Do the RE0s have more bass than them?

Just came across this thread, in case anyone else was wondering the same thing: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...ssions-438138/

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #23 of 26
Post EQ, the RE0s will have more bass than the RE2s. Then again, the RE2s don't set a high bar to clear.

The RE2s are reminiscent of the Etymotic 6is that way; you can't equalize, amp, or beat bass out of them--it just isn't there.

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

well, I don't want an IEM that needs to be amped to sound up to par, therefore, back to square 1 LOL

Sure you won't reconsider? The E5 is fairly cheap and really small--it could fit in a matchbox--and make the RE series and unbeatble bang for your buck. Unless you upgrade to much more expensive phones, you won't find better sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back