RE0, Other Alternatives?
Feb 23, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, I'm liking the idea of this.

However, I read the treble sounds funny, a little bit is OK, but how funny is it? does it sound that unnatural in the upper range, or just a little different?

The Denon C751's suck, I'm not kidding. They're my all time least favorite "respectable" iem. To me, the mids were almost non-existent, bass was completely bloated, and treble was painfully shrill. I LOVE high-reaching treble when it's done right, but the denons just completely screw it up. It's extended & mediocre quality treble, making for piercing sibilance. To me, the S4's (which many regard as harsh in the upper end) are LESS harsh in treble than the 751s.

**EDIT - Sorry pal, I just noticed you're talking about the 710's, not the 751's. Ignore my rant (unless you're considering the 751's too)
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #17 of 20
Denon C710 are bassheads fav but JVC FX500 are pretty good and known for soundstage, details and bass.

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Denon C751's suck, I'm not kidding. They're my all time least favorite "respectable" iem. To me, the mids were almost non-existent, bass was completely bloated, and treble was painfully shrill. I LOVE high-reaching treble when it's done right, but the denons just completely screw it up. It's extended & mediocre quality treble, making for piercing sibilance. To me, the S4's (which many regard as harsh in the upper end) are LESS harsh in treble than the 751s.

**EDIT - Sorry pal, I just noticed you're talking about the 710's, not the 751's. Ignore my rant (unless you're considering the 751's too)
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL no prob, hope this don't apply to the c710's to LOL otherwise $100 down the drain

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Denon C710 are bassheads fav but JVC FX500 are pretty good and known for soundstage, details and bass.

I was told it was great for bass but still has great mids and highs for the price, as well as awesome separation, which is what I'm looking for, a bassy, detailed (to a decent degree anyways) IEM with good instrumental separation.

I hope this is what I get
popcorn.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the S4 can be pricey, londondrugs will sometimes have the S4 on sale for about 99 or so.

It just kills me how much more they cost here then the states lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back