RE0, Other Alternatives?
Feb 21, 2010 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Gage

Head-Fier
Hey guys, the RE0 sounds very appealing, but I greatly fear it will lack to much bass for my likings.

So I need to ask, is there an IEM within the $100-$150 range that provides good instrumental separation, strong bass, and relatively clear and precise Mids and Highs that are not over shadowed by bass?

Or, will EQ'ing the RE0's give me a satisfying amount of bass out of my Ipod Classic.

If I can EQ powerful bass out of the RE0's I don't mind EQing them.

I like the bass of my JVC FX66 produce

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 20
That doesn't help me much, I read through it before I posted and all I got from it is $200+ IEM's and Hippo VB's that tend to have sibilance problems.

Feb 21, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #4 of 20
Would the Denon C710K's be a good choice for good bass and separation? along with good clarity in mids and highs. I can get em for $99 before shipping.

Feb 21, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #5 of 20
You should also look up the s4, Atrio M5 Monster Turbine, and cks70. The latter having the best sound stage. And if you'd like to try something different go with the HJE900. It's very fast and detailed as well. Bass is there but only when the song calls for it. This is what I have read. I have only heard the hje and the turbine.

Feb 21, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I need to ask, is there an IEM within the $100-$150 range that provides good instrumental separation, strong bass, and relatively clear and precise Mids and Highs that are not over shadowed by bass?

Or, will EQ'ing the RE0's give me a satisfying amount of bass out of my Ipod Classic.

If I can EQ powerful bass out of the RE0's I don't mind EQing them.

I like the bass my JVC FX66 produce

No way the RE0 can compete with the FX66 in bass quantity. I suggest looking at the Panasonic HJE900 for controlled but voluminous bass.

Feb 21, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No way the RE0 can compete with the FX66 in bass quantity. I suggest looking at the Panasonic HJE900 for controlled but voluminous bass.

Thanks a ton! You just saved me $80. I will look into the Panasonics.

also, a little more bass is never bad as long as it is controlled and doesn't bleed into/distort/over power the treble and mids.

shinobi00 Thanks, I will 100% consider these suggestions!

Feb 22, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #8 of 20
The S4 has strong bass but I feel it is overpowering

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would the Denon C710K's be a good choice for good bass and separation? along with good clarity in mids and highs. I can get em for $99 before shipping.

Yes the C710's are a good pick.

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by streetfighter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes the C710's are a good pick.

Cool, I'm liking the idea of this.

However, I read the treble sounds funny, a little bit is OK, but how funny is it? does it sound that unnatural in the upper range, or just a little different?

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can get the denon, say go for it. I can't seem to find a dealer (canadian), other than ebay, that sells them. However, I you might like the S4.

Man, check out Denon AH-C710K Advanced In-Ear Headphones in Corded Headphones at JR.com they ship to canada
smily_headphones1.gif

I think I am getting the Denon's.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol tell us if you get charged duty and such when you receive it! It'll be good info for us Canadians :p

Well I ordered it, we'll see what happens.

Even if I get charged duty it will be cheaper then buying IEM's in-store here. Bloody expensive, I've seen Klipsch Image S4 go for $130 here, I'd be scared to know the price on the Denon's in-store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back