re0 disappointments
May 29, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #7 of 14
What is the purpose of this thread? You already have another thread addressing the issues you have with this iem which was created yesterday and yet you create another one?

May 29, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #8 of 14
i created the other one because i included pics of the inner iem hoping that somebody would have any suggestions as to how i might try and repair it and this one out of curiosity if somebody has my same problem... did you bother to read them ?

2 iems that brake in just a few months does not make me happy, would you ?

May 29, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #10 of 14
pushing other threads down is and was not my intention, what is your intention with trying to flame me ? i'm just asking people their opinions based on their experience with the iem if you don't have one or want to share something usefull why don't you just let the thread die ?? i'm sure a single thread won't bother anybody and you won't have any troubles finding the ones you want.. so what is the purpose of you posting here ?

@nankai: sorry i don't mean to say anything wrong about the re0 but having 2 defective ones in a row is to much for anybodys patience

May 30, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
does anybody have a working pair for more than a few months with constant/daily use ?

Ive had mine for 6 months and no problems at all.
Im very happy with them, and yes i use them daily
L3000.gif

May 30, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #12 of 14
I have the original RE0 for over 1.5 years now (since late 2008) and have used it extensively as both my reference and daily IEM. No problem what so ever.

May 31, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #13 of 14
OP, I can understand your frustration. I don't think the post you took offense with was flaming you either.
In the grand scheme of things, the RE0, has proven to very reliable. I don't use mine any longer, my wife loves them, and while she doesn't abuse them. She is much more rough on iem's than I am. No problems. Head Direct will help you. The defective rate may seem high, but selling an iem for 79 dollars allows for only a certain perentage of units to be qc checked. The RE0 sound is not ideal for me, but the legion of fans would not be here, if defective products that did not hold up were the norm.

May 31, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #14 of 14
I've used many IEMs in my day and RE0s were among the weakest.  Previous to it the shortest lifespan was 11months (ety er6i), and I worked out with er6is 6 days a week during the summer and twice a week during winter.  With RE0's just a 20 min jogging session meant one ear wouldn't work.  I'll be sending them back and see how the replacement fairs.  The legion of fans are due to it's sound clarity, not necessarily durability. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back