RE-ZERO In-Ear Headphones, right earbud not working?
Sep 3, 2010 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

inquirer

New Head-Fier
So I just received these in the mail today. Plugged them into my MP3 player and only the left earbud works. But then I plug it in the 2 adapters (not sure what they are) and it seems to work.

I'm pretty sure both sides should work without the adapters but just wanted to make sure before I email them...

Anyone have one of these IEMs and know what the adapters are and are they necessary to use all the time? Thanks.

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 5
Call Head-Direct's customer service, or better yet, fire them of ann e-mail to:head.direct.customerservice@gmail.com
and see what they say. If they are defective, they will have you send in your pair, and get you that new pair, right away.

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
You have to use the adapter, since the HiFiMAN RE-ZERO are balanced earphones.

Yep, if you look at the markings on the 3.5mm jack, you should see there are three 'grooves' as opposed to your standard two (L/R). The majority of mp3 players accept standard unbalanced jacks - this means it only receives one channel as the R channel does not align correctly internally.

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks, I've emailed them already about the issue but it looks like they are supposed to function like that from the other posts.

Quote:
Yep, if you look at the markings on the 3.5mm jack, you should see there are three 'grooves' as opposed to your standard two (L/R). The majority of mp3 players accept standard unbalanced jacks - this means it only receives one channel as the R channel does not align correctly internally.

Wish I knew about this before I bought it. Seems troublesome to carry them around. So it seems like the fat, square looking adapter is if I have an amp plugged in and the long, skinny one is if I don't? Is that right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back