Re-wiring Ultrasone Pro 750s
Nov 9, 2008 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

J.P.6

Head-Fier
Hi there,

I want to rewire my Ultrasone Pro 750s using 99.99% solid silver cable in teflon tubing. It's simply a 3.5mm jack (threaded) - 6.3mm jack.

Is there any advantage in using 2 wires for ground?

Nov 9, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.P.6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there,

I want to rewire my Ultrasone Pro 750s using 99.99% solid silver cable in teflon tubing. It's simply a 3.5mm jack (threaded) - 6.3mm jack.

Is there any advantage in using 2 wires for ground?

If you rewire them, I recommend you run separate signal/ground pairs to each driver, that way there is less cross-talk.

Nov 9, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #3 of 4
I wonder why so many people are so interested in using solid core wire for headphones cable?
There's a thread in the portable HPs forum mentioning about building IEMs cable using solid silver. I personally don't have any reason to use solid core, especially silver for recabling.

Nov 15, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #4 of 4
because its silver
biggrin.gif
these guys will ignore everything else just to get them their silver cable. even if its so stiff, microphonic and brittle that they have to walk around very carefully so as to avoid the many pitfalls.

its very annoying that stranded silver is so hard to come by. I was supposed to be getting some in a week or so, but with your economic climate at the moment my supplier is going very slowly; wont have it until spring ;( you guys know where to get any stranded pure silver thats not piccolino
wink.gif
? a google search only turns up SPC...heaps and heaps of SPC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back