Re: Mixcder Giveaway--V4.2+ EDR Bluetooth transceiver with APTX-LL
Jul 8, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #16 of 22
Just got mine today, some very brief initial impressions using it in Tx mode (my main use case):

- great that they've included just about all the accessories you need to get up and running: 3.5mm cable, 3.5mm jack adapter, micro USB charging cable, TOSLINK cable, 3.5mm to RCA adapter
- English manual while not perfect is respectably done and understandable (no "Engrish" here)
- while plasticky, overall build quality feels solid with nice tactile feedback on the electronic Power & Pairing switches
- easy to pair due to separate Power and Pairing buttons and clear statuses displayed by the LED's (Red dedicated to charging, Blue for first BT connection and Green for second connection)
- able to pair and Tx to two BT cans simultaneously; caveat is that it doesn't support aptX LL in this mode and will fall back to standard aptX (which creates detectable lip synch delays); bummer that it won't automatically fall back to aptX LL once second headphone is disconnected so just restart the remaining connected headphone to reinvoke aptX LL
- pretty good range though not quite the 59ft claimed for single connection; I was able to get to about 50ft (not clear line of sight) before spotty connection develops; this is about 15 ft further than with Avantree's Priva II
- the included short 3.5mm jack adapter is of dubious use since the TR008 is just a bit too bulky to be attached directly to a headphone; something like Avantree's Clipper Pro (which I own), Bluewave's GET, or the upcoming Fiio BTR1 would be a better choice for this specific use case as these three also feature built-in amps (haven't tested the TR008 in Rx mode but will get to that in the coming days)
- TOSLINK was a nice inclusion since in addition to allowing an additional (digital) input it solves the issue which pretty much all BT Tx w/analog inputs face and that is audio drop out due to low source volume or quite scenes/passages

Tips:
- before pairing second headphone, be sure to connect the first headphone
- use TOSLINK to prevent audio drop outs due to low volume or quiet scenes

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #19 of 22
Just got mine today, some very brief initial impressions using it in Tx mode (my main use case):

- great that they've included just about all the accessories you need to get up and running: 3.5mm cable, 3.5mm jack adapter, micro USB charging cable, TOSLINK cable, 3.5mm to RCA adapter
- English manual while not perfect is respectably done and understandable (no "Engrish" here)
- while plasticky, overall build quality feels solid with nice tactile feedback on the electronic Power & Pairing switches
- easy to pair due to separate Power and Pairing buttons and clear statuses displayed by the LED's (Red dedicated to charging, Blue for first BT connection and Green for second connection)
- able to pair and Tx to two BT cans simultaneously; caveat is that it doesn't support aptX LL in this mode and will fall back to standard aptX (which creates detectable lip synch delays); bummer that it won't automatically fall back to aptX LL once second headphone is disconnected so just restart the remaining connected headphone to reinvoke aptX LL
- pretty good range though not quite the 59ft claimed for single connection; I was able to get to about 50ft (not clear line of sight) before spotty connection develops; this is about 15 ft further than with Avantree's Priva II
- the included short 3.5mm jack adapter is of dubious use since the TR008 is just a bit too bulky to be attached directly to a headphone; something like Avantree's Clipper Pro (which I own), Bluewave's GET, or the upcoming Fiio BTR1 would be a better choice as these three also feature built-in amps (haven't tested the TR008 in Rx mode but will get to that in the coming days)
- TOSLINK was a nice inclusion since in addition to allowing an additional (digital) input it solves the issue which pretty much all BT Rx w/analog inputs face and that is audio drop out due to low source volume or quite scenes/passages

Tips:
- before pairing second headphone, be sure to connect the first headphone
- use TOSLINK to prevent audio drop outs due to low volume or quiet scenes

Just saw your message.

Thank you so much for the quick feedbacks. Will forward your feedbacks to our R& D Department.

Regarding the 3.5 mm jack adapter, thinking of the size of TR008, we'd suggest you use it with TV that is 3.5mm audio output supported. :)

Jul 10, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #20 of 22
Wow, thanks. So now we have to add the item into the showcase to collect all the reviews?

Yeah, I think that's how it works. The item needs to get put into the showcase, and from there an official review can be done. All one has to do is pick a star rating on the item to start the review process.

Anyone can add an item into the showcase as well.

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #22 of 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back