Re: DBI Pro 705
Oct 29, 2005 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jphil

New Head-Fier
Hello,

In a few cd listening stations in cd stores around the city I've come across headphones marked DBI PRO 705 which I like very much. I can't find them in any retail stores or on the net. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is or where I can buy a pair?

Jim

Nov 3, 2006 at 10:04 AM Post #3 of 11
That's a messed-up website that doesn't seem to work with my browser, but I did see enough to identify that the headphones they're using are MB Quart 805, which are OEMed a lot and used for precisely the kind of iinstallation and professional applications that DBI is talking about.

Nov 9, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 11
According to someone high up in the company:
This is the same construction of ours, however the sound specifications & speaker drivers are completely different. The DBI Pro705 is unique only to DBI as we designed this headphone and it is only manufactured for us. This is what makes us stand out from the rest with having that all encompassing sound and deep rich bass that everyone loves.

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #5 of 11
I am interested in these headphone too, I send an e-mail to them, they answered to my request :

Hi;

Thank you for your e-mail.
You can purchase a pair of PRO705 Headphones directly from us.
To order call 1-800-465-7777 to our order desk. Cost--$179.99 plus $15 shipping (courier) approx. 3 days delivery.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.

Do Beasant
dbi international

I send them an other email for having the specs like impedance, sensitivity, etc. I'll let you know when I'll receive the answer.

Apr 19, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #8 of 11
I had the chance to buy these for $30 shipped so I said why not try...They are good headphones and real tough. Without an amp the bass has good impact and sound is quite clear. When trying to play them louder with an amplifier things get messy. The bass can overpower (without distorting) the rest of the sound and things can become a little messy, harsh if you will. All around still a good headphone but I dont know about paying full price for them. Also the isolation is very good and they clamp your head really tight which can be uncomfortable but that may be why they bass sounds good and isolation is superb. Also as far as specs go I measured the resistance to be 40 ohms and the driver around 50mm +/- 1mm. They can handle a lot of power before any distortion. I have no idea how to open them up but at the moment do not have a reason to. And they are not orthodynamic. I took the earpad off to see and they are your standard round drivers with a voice coil. I think it is a good mobile headphone due to it's durability and no need for an amp. what do you others think?

Apr 19, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #9 of 11
i have these and the pro-700 as well. your review of the 705 is spot on. ez to drive, bassy, kind of like an akg k81dj but with a larger sound.
i prefer the pro 700 (have 2 of them, and old one and a new one i just got). love it. sounds like a bigger, better koss ksc75, can handle any amount of amping and the sound keeps getting better

Apr 19, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #10 of 11
I guess these headphones didn't make it, seeing they are still unknown after three years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back