RE 262 Died, what now ? Need same SQ but with removable cables.
Jun 17, 2012 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Koukaracha

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I enjoyed a lot my RE 262 from HifiMan, but for only 3 month long as they realy died fast, cable issue as always, no sound coming from the right one.
I want to buy something with the same level of SQ, natural sounding and removable cables, as i would like to use them for years...

I'll use them with a Cowon J3, full of 320kb/s mp3 and flac musics, I listen all kind of music (classic, rap, rock, reggae, jazz, electronic.......) My price range is not far more than 200€, wich is the price range of the Shure SE 425 in europ where I'm going to buy my futur iem.

For the moment I'm looking at the Shure SE425 and the UM2. But i'm scared that the first one is realy too mid-centric, and the second one to be not natural sounding/boomy

Any advice, help, is greatly appreciated.

PS: My first post here, so if anything is wrong with it...

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 4
Welcome Aboard...

I am not sure why you want removable cables though???

Perhaps a wireless bluetooth set my work out for you?

Again Welcome, Jim

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 4
i dont think there is anything out there that sounds like the Re262 with removable cables. My advice would be to buy  a New Re262 from ebay and buy a 3 year warranty for like 15 bucks. Then your all set :D

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #4 of 4
Removable cables because buying a cable is far less expensive than a new pair of iem. And because my Koss, E2C, SE210, RE262 died because of cables issues, and that the RE 262 did only after 3 month, I was traveling and a bit negligent, but well that's pretty short.

I've to consider the extended warranty possibility, good idea. But i'm afraid that i had to wait month every times they break to get a new pair :/

I heard that the SE 425 are midcentric, like my RE 262, i'm just afraid they are too midcentric, do someone tried them both ?

Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back