RE-1 Initial impressions
Aug 22, 2008 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ljcii

100+ Head-Fier
Got the RE-1s at long last. 5 days postage. That's considerably fast i guess.
I got this earpiece by accident, bought it accidentally when what i wanted was actually atrio m5.

Now i finally got it, I've put it on unamped.

As i don't have any good earphones to compare with except ah-c351,
when unburnt in yet:

The RE-1s have a much more bigger soundstage.
The RE-1s have even better instrument separation.
The RE-1s have alot better sound-stage.
The RE-1s are more detailed.
The RE-1s are slightly harder to power, but that's only a difference of 2 volume bars. Not like what people claim like they would be like a monster to drive.
Cons are that only when equalizing software wise, the bass is has little effect and i think for this, it needs to amplify.
It sounds quite warm and great out of the box.
It's bi flanges also give a good fit and great isolation. More than my cx-400 and ah-c351.
Only drawback is the packaging. It doesn't look luxurious like it should for a 150+ dollar product. And the package that came along would be too huge for me to bring around in school and to put into my pocket
frown.gif
They SHould put everything into a very nice cardboard box, and let the person unpack with suspense. And perhaps some other accesories for fun like y jack or airline adapter.

Other than that, it's excellent!

I've burnt it in and have gotten used to the forward mids. It's clarity is excellent with tight bass and the highs are comfortable without the need to equalize. Great!!

Aug 22, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #2 of 11
Good to know you like your new toy. You'll like it even more after you get a chance to amp it.

Aug 22, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #3 of 11
I added it to my Hi-fi system amplifier. It's fabulous, unamped, it's already fabulous and (shameful) i haven't bought an mp3 player yet. using it from a modified phone.

It's ultra comfortable with the flanges. Doesn't feel a single bit uncomfortable. Ease of insert is also easy. Unlike other earpiece that require me to stuff it deep, this, i just need to place it there. No pushing whatsoever.

Thanks to anthony clieos and federik for providing me with information all this while. happy!
glad with the fast shipping too!

Aug 22, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #4 of 11
RE1 is amazing, good fit, good highs, sound without sparkle they are the most livable iEM what I heard, fully, a little airy, small sensitivity it is great becose bad recording sounds like quality mp3.
Q-jays had better cleaner bass separate instruments/vocals and detail.
Both are great and very fun!!!

Aug 22, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #5 of 11
well it could be made to sparkle with eqing abit at my side.

Anyway, i want to ask if i can buy any cases as this case is too big for me to put into my pocket when in school and the wires do seem fragile as i put it with an extension with my phone and the cable is extremely long.

Aug 22, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #6 of 11
Just to add on. Listening from the amplifier makes me wanna cry. Simply amazing...

Aug 22, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #8 of 11
LoL. You can't trust my words because i've only heard the ah-c351 before. What i've described might not be that heaven-like to you
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:44 AM Post #9 of 11
Just brought it around to school And noticed that it has great isolation.
But weak bass, i dont know if neutral phones sounds like this or that this is just weak bass. But it's sufficient though. and it suits the music.
The earphone is however, quite microphonic and the earpiece doesn't allow the putting over the ear style. No shirt-clip included too.

1 thing i just realised that good earphones don't require equalizing.

Aug 23, 2008 at 11:19 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljcii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...the earpiece doesn't allow the putting over the ear style.

Wear it up-side-down than you use it in over-the-ear style. Push the metal ring on the Y-splitter up to hold the cable in place.

Aug 23, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #11 of 11
Upside-down very ugly too
tongue.gif
bulging out crazily.
Is it possible to cut the stem? lolz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back