RE-0 vs. IE8 vs. others...?
Dec 19, 2009 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Baba booey

Headphoneus Supremus
I have IE6's now but they're falling apart and I want to upgrade.

I've looked into used IE8's(around $200-220?) and RE-0's.

I really enjoy the bass on my IE6's and hear the IE8's have more. I hear (apparently) that the RE-0's are great for metal(very fast IEMs), but question their durability, whereas the IE8's are apparently popular for their build quality(and the replaceable cable).
What would fit my needs best?
I have a Fuze(+LOD), Clip+, iPod(+LOD), and a mini3 and Fiio E5.

Dec 20, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #2 of 8
Cheapest option, but still an upgrade at least basswise would be the Cyclone PR2. Don't let the low price ($80) fool you, they are very capable phones with the best bass I've heard in dynamic driver IEMs, including the IE8.

The IE8 are certainly excellent IEMs, another option would be the JVC/Victor FX500 ($150 from SEYO-Shop). You can read a comparison of all these IEMs in my review of the Cyclones here.

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #7 of 8
^ Glad you added the "imo". I disagree with your assessment of the lows. I think the TF10 is a great sounding IEM. The caveat here is fit. There's no doubt that it can be problematic for some people. If you can pick up a pair for that price, I would consider it an excellent buy.

Dec 24, 2009 at 9:31 AM Post #8 of 8
I agree that the Triple.Fi is still an excellent choice at that price. It sounds great overall and the bass is no slouch. Whether it beats my IE8s is still up for debate; I'll have to spend some more time with the TF10s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back