Rce cooker fi
Mar 29, 2009 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

tjohnusa

Headphoneus Supremus
I got a rice cooker for Christmas and can't believe I have lived this long without one. We always made converted rice and thought it was acceptable although expensive. The cooker makes great sticky rice and always the same consistancy. I got a cheap ~$20 Black and Decker model with a teflon pan...easy to clean. I have made basmati and long grain rice so far and am loving this thing. My only complaint is it will brown the rice at the bottom but the taste is still fine. If you are thinking about getting one of these go for it, you will save money in the long run and you will be eating great tasting rice with more nutriants than converted rice. Any others here that use this great appliance? I also use this to make a quick chicken and rice. I fill as usual but use chicken broth instead of water..add a can of cream of mushroom soup...half a package of french onion soup mix...one can of chicken...some frozen vegetables...hit the button and 45 minutes later I have dinner. If you could post your own recipies I will try them out.

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 17
here's a good one:
Senn HD800
20 ft Silverdragon
WA5
RSA SR71
32 GB iPod Touch
Opera Reference 2.2 CD player

Cube the sources, and blend wires, and cans. Throw in rice cooker set on High for 45 minutes.
Very untasty, very expensive.

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 17
btw, i love the brown crispy rice.
you should save it, put it in the freezer, and then put it on the FS section. i would totally buy it!

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 17
I've always considered getting a rice cooker but never actually went ahead and did it. I always just did it on the stove with a pot of simple plain rice with water, stirring occasionally so as not to burn the rice. It's really that impressive? maybe I should just grab one, it would probably make my life easier and be a fun appliance to have
tongue.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #6 of 17
Oooooo!!! You said "Fi" !!! ...lol

Rce-Fi >?

Correct your title, it says Rce instead of RICE...lol

Yeah, we got a rice cooker here for years!'
We use it at least once a week. Works perfect every time!
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #7 of 17
My rice cooker is a medium size steel pan with lid.
wink.gif

It makes nice jasmine rice, even if its not as fancy as your guys B&D rice cooker.

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #8 of 17
wha?! I came here to look at pics of honda civics...

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #9 of 17
In the more traditional asian family, rice maybe the main part of the everyday meal. It's a good way to save money on food. But you have to make food to add on to the rice, basically it's sides dishses like meat, vetageable and fish and then adding on the rice. I prefer the sweet or jasmine rice, a little sticky but not too much.

Mar 29, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #10 of 17
Yes, and it's used at least twice a day. It's a Black and Decker one.

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #12 of 17
I don't have a rice cooker but I have a steamer which can also be used for rice so it serves two purposes.

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw, i love the brown crispy rice.
you should save it, put it in the freezer, and then put it on the FS section. i would totally buy it!

Now thats funny!
k701smile.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have a rice cooker but I have a steamer which can also be used for rice so it serves two purposes.

Mine has a steamer basket so I can steam vegetables while I cook the rice....so I got that working for me (Caddyshack reference)

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now thats funny!
k701smile.gif

IT IS TASTY!!!!
popcorn.gif
best part of any rice dish, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back