RCA interconnects for Stax Omega rig ?
Dec 18, 2007 at 6:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

3x331m

Headphoneus Supremus
I want to tap into the potentials of the Stax Omega 2. I'm using the Blue Jeans LC-1 for interconnects. However, I have no idea what level of quality of RCA interconnects is appropriate to get the most out of the O2 rig. Would pure silver conductors be better than high quality copper ?

Please recommend from your own experiences.

Dec 18, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 33
What about Silver Resolution? I haven't tried them but they're for sure worth considering because of bullet plugs being used. With extra money, you get them silver instead of gold-plated copper. My friend claims the Eichmann Bullet Plugs do make a difference. If somebody confirms they are good, I will probably order them.
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i recall reading - probably something that spritzer wrote - that silver was preferable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try Ridge Street Audio Poiema. It's a good silver cable that is relatively cheap for something that is completely handmade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about Silver Resolution? I haven't tried them but they're for sure worth considering because of bullet plugs being used. With extra money, you get them silver instead of gold-plated copper. My friend claims the Eichmann Bullet Plugs do make a difference. If somebody confirms they are good, I will probably order them.
biggrin.gif

My tonearm uses Cardas litz wires (Incognito), and terminate at the phono preamp. Should I stay with Cardas for the entire stream? Or it's still better to use silver for the rest of the connection ?

Dec 18, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #6 of 33
Contact Tom at Aural Thrills, ask for the Air Silvers with his upgraded RCA's.
With the O2s you want a cable that has ....
A) Small awg pure silver wire.(think 30 to 32awg)
B) The use of dielectrics that have a low dielectric constant.(cotton, kynar)no Teflon !!!
C) RCA plugs that have small contact point(s) for the return line.

Dec 18, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My tonearm uses Cardas litz wires (Incognito), and terminate at the phono preamp. Should I stay with Cardas for the entire stream? Or it's still better to use silver for the rest of the connection ?

Stay away from Cardas. Their connectors are ok but the wire is crap. The guide lines above are excelent but make sure that the wire is properly damped.

The Eichmann plugs are great but I'm not so sure about the Silver Resolution wire. Could be ok though.

Dec 18, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Try Ridge Street Audio Poiema. It's a good silver cable that is relatively cheap for something that is completely handmade.

Totally agree!
The Ridge Street Audio Poiema is an awesome cable (I have the balanced Signature version).

Dec 18, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #9 of 33
I'm using some Zu Gede interconnects at the moment just because I had some and needed something for my Omega 2 setup. (meridian g08->KGSS). Sounded pretty good to me, so I never bothered looking for anything else, though probably will someday.

Dec 18, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Quote:

Stay away from Cardas. Their connectors are ok but the wire is crap. The guide lines above are excelent but make sure that the wire is properly damped.

The Eichmann plugs are great but I'm not so sure about the Silver Resolution wire. Could be ok though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Totally agree!
The Ridge Street Audio Poiema is an awesome cable (I have the balanced Signature version).

Frankly, I don't have much exposure in cables, and still skeptical of cables those made out of snake oil.
wink.gif

Is the price of Poiem worth the upgrade ?

Dec 19, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

It's certainly not cheap but it walked all over the much more expensive Kimber Select 1130. You can also DIY for less and get good results.

I would love to DIY to save for amp upgrade.

Please recommend a brand of raw/bulk cable for DIY. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back